Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

04 RXP-215 vs 14 RXP-X

I ran into a 215 owner on the lake this wknd.
    He wanted to run me just to see what his would do.
    He was sure I would beat him but wanted to see how bad or so he said.

After we a few runs he admitted he had this list
    X-Charger
    42's for Injectors
    4 inch intake
    Ride plate holes filled
    Diff prop, didn't tell me pitch
    Stainless steel wear ring
    Intake grate- didn't give specifics

My ski consistently GPS at 68.
    I let him use my phone today and he pulled 70
    on the GPS.

Overall it was a fun run , but it's about time I start modding I suppose.

+1
    I posted something similar last year. I ran my buddies 2013 px with my 04 rxp. Only thing my rxp had was a solas impeller and I pulled the intake hose off my supercharger. race was dead even out of the hole and the first 100 then I started pulling away at a few mph. 70 seems slow for those mods he has. I would say I was probably doing 69 or 70 practically stock

70 seemed slow to me as well. It was Hot ,and humid when we ran. It didn't do either of us any good , but I ran mine very hard before he asked me to run ,and his was parked for a couple of hours prior to running so I'm sure I had some heat soak.

He told me he was still on the factory I/C so that's definitely not helping him.

I have 2 other friends with Stock RXP-215's. One 05 ,and one 07. I had no trouble pulling away from them out of the hole ,and maintaining a decent lead.
    Last edited by abmobil; 07-27-2014 at 10:13 PM.

+1
    The different intake grate could have slowed him down..stock intake is the fastest when it comes to calm waters. My opinion is that you need an after market grate when you have serious mods so as to keep your ski hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
    70 seemed slow to me as well. It was Hot ,and humid when we ran. It didn't do either of us any good , but I ran mine very hard before he asked me to run ,and his was parked for a couple of hours prior to running so I'm sure I had some heat soak.

He told me he was still on the factory I/C so that's definitely not helping him.

I have 2 other friends with Stock RXP-215's. One 05 ,and one 07. I had no trouble pulling away from them out of the hole ,and maintaining a decent lead.
    I have these same mods on my 06. My prop is a 15/20. I run vout 70/71 on gps.

+1
    well since then I put an x charger, ic and pump impeller, 4in intake, gutted 08 waterbox, and 42lb injectors and the ski runs a lot slower. obviously something wrong with the setup but I haven't had time to look at it. Either the 42s are way rich with the stock computer or my intercooler is leaking

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    well since then I put an x charger, ic and pump impeller, 4in intake, gutted 08 waterbox, and 42lb injectors and the ski runs a lot slower. obviously something wrong with the setup but I haven't had time to look at it. Either the 42s are way rich with the stock computer or my intercooler is leaking
    What kind of impeller did you put? what are your top rpms.? put your stock impeller back and keep your mods.. x charger with i/c and 42s work super together..4 in intake and gutted waterbox not much of a difference anyway (improvement in..noise, only) - .. The impeller is one thing you choose AFTER you do the mods and test...especially slight mods like you did (as i did). Unless you go to super mods so you know from start that a new impeller is necessary. Dont hear everyone who suggest directly to change a prop, or these mods go with that prop etc etc... Impellers work different in different waters, weather conditions and parts of the world. You could be perfect by keeping or slightly pitching your stock prop... I have seen and heard many people going slower after a prop change.. especially those who were advised that a bigger filter and filling the ride plate holes... would be enough for a bigger prop....

Would reliability be compromised by running a 8350 Vtech Tune on an other wise
    stock engine? Can the stock valve train handle occasional extended WOT use with that tune?

Quote Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
    Would reliability be compromised by running a 8350 Vtech Tune on an other wise
    stock engine? Can the stock valve train handle occasional extended WOT use with that tune?
    8350 is fine with stock engine and valve train should handle fine! Be careful with that if you have warranty on it. I wanna do that but i gotta have feeling that dealer can/will find out and null your warranty. Even that can reflash back to stock, i think theres a computer that stores the rpm and speed that can't be erased just like computer or newer cars stores history/trace.

+1
    can doo does erase the max rpm record
    but that is a red flag that the ecu was tampered with

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information