Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

new battery on its way..

so how the hell does the old one come out?

did some digging here and on youtube.. i know there are 2 bolts one on each side and right above the negative terminal i need to unhook the plug. i think there is something else that needs to be unhooked is that correct?

i read in a older thread that tiny said the cage its in will feel like you are going to break it but it will pop open. looking for any tips on this. blows my mind they turned it into a puzzle box. even pinhead wasnt that cruel.

snagged the Intimidator ETX30LA

+1
    is this for the 2012 gtr that is in your sig?

+1
    yeppers. my main concern is what else needs to be unplugged. once that is good it should lift out. then of course opening the cage.

on disassembly disconnect negative first. on reassembly connect negative last.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcitypops View Post
    you haven't seen the puzzle box the engineers at seadoo came up with i take it.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcitypops View Post
    you haven't seen the puzzle box the engineers at seadoo came up with i take it.
    It appears not. The process in my 2006 and 2007 GTX's was as simple as it gets. Hardest part was fishing the hold-down nut out from under the motor!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    even pinhead wasnt that cruel.
    LOL! Totally get the reference. Love those movies. I even think I might have some Hell Raiser McFarlane figures boxed away somewhere.

+1
    Its quite easy. In my GTR (2013) there's a couple of screws on the top of the battery that provide extra holding for the fuse block to the battery cage, undo those 2 little suckers, and lever the fuse box fitting off the battery cage. It DOES come off, the fuse block stuff is towards the rear of the battery cage. Lever from the top. Pop it up.
    Then you need to undo the +ve and -ve cables as above. Then there's 2 bolts waaaaaaayyy down beside the battery, you'll need a long extension socket to get down there. Undo the bolts but LEAVE them in the cage. Simply lift the whole shebang out. Putting it back is another story, I tied a thin wire under the bolts, below the washers (they aren't captive washers), then pulled the wire once the bolts were started. If you loose the bolts, they roll into the hull, under the battery support and need you to take the whole thing out again. Very painful. Whoever designed this needs seeing to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    LOL! Totally get the reference. Love those movies. I even think I might have some Hell Raiser McFarlane figures boxed away somewhere.
    HHAHAH i was wondering if someone would catch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysoganus View Post
    Its quite easy. In my GTR (2013) there's a couple of screws on the top of the battery that provide extra holding for the fuse block to the battery cage, undo those 2 little suckers, and lever the fuse box fitting off the battery cage. It DOES come off, the fuse block stuff is towards the rear of the battery cage. Lever from the top. Pop it up.
    Then you need to undo the +ve and -ve cables as above. Then there's 2 bolts waaaaaaayyy down beside the battery, you'll need a long extension socket to get down there. Undo the bolts but LEAVE them in the cage. Simply lift the whole shebang out. Putting it back is another story, I tied a thin wire under the bolts, below the washers (they aren't captive washers), then pulled the wire once the bolts were started. If you loose the bolts, they roll into the hull, under the battery support and need you to take the whole thing out again. Very painful. Whoever designed this needs seeing to.
    perfect.. this is what i needed. had no idea there are screws up top. i knew about the side ones. good idea to leave them in place to take it out.

once the cage is out is it just the clips at the very top to split it open? i miss the days of my 95 and 99 GTX which only had the rubber straps holding it in place.

+1
    talk about fast shipping, it will be here tomorrow. so by this weekend i will either have it in or destroy the puzzle box trying LOL.

now to just get on the water. ski has been sitting way to long.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information