+1

Any body pull a Hamstring on a deep water slalom start?

Hurts like hell! I start with both feet in the bindings its the way I learned. Owwww, I don't know how I got back in the boat.Some big dudes at the ramp backed in my truck and carried me from the dock to the truck I was doing the alligator death roll after I heard the "POP". E.R. and heavy duty drugs helped a little.
    I'm doing a lot better just 30 hours or so later the Robaxin Muscle relaxer seems to help the most.
    I googled deep water start hamstring and it seems to happen between ages of 53-57 years old.
    It Sucks.
    Just venting

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    Hurts like hell! I start with both feet in the bindings its the way I learned. Owwww, I don't know how I got back in the boat.Some big dudes at the ramp backed in my truck and carried me from the dock to the truck I was doing the alligator death roll after I heard the "POP". E.R. and heavy duty drugs helped a little.
    I'm doing a lot better just 30 hours or so later the Robaxin Muscle relaxer seems to help the most.
    I googled deep water start hamstring and it seems to happen between ages of 53-57 years old.
    It Sucks.
    Just venting
    I got a hamstring cramp last night and I tell you what that hurt like crazy I bet pulling one is crazy painful!

+1
    they didn't think twice about using Dilaudid and it really didn't help the pain.

+1
    Broke my pelvis slalom skiing in 1991. Was having a run of my life. Had to get carried off the dock, hospital 4 days, 4 month in laying in bed with crutches to get around. Still can feel the pain just sitting here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jajardas View Post
    Broke my pelvis slalom skiing in 1991. Was having a run of my life. Had to get carried off the dock, hospital 4 days, 4 month in laying in bed with crutches to get around. Still can feel the pain just sitting here.
    Man that sounds rough! It may not have been your intention but you made me feel better. Its funny how you remember your best run ever. Mine was @ Dale Hollow years ago, borrowed ski, great run for me but I was never a great skier.
    Were you in a competition or just rubbing your elbow on the water because you could?

+1
    Just because I could. Had dreams of competing but they ended that day.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jajardas View Post
    Just because I could. Had dreams of competing but they ended that day.
    You have really put this all in perspective for me. I did not learn to slalom until my mid to late 20's. I was getting to a point in my 30's that I was going to get a lot better or quit because of the crashes. Back and neck injuries, just minor. I remember hanging it up until about 5 years ago. I now have "fat Boy" ski's and I just enjoyed the ride and rush without pushing to the point of wipeout.
    It is a feeling like no other carving the water. I am not going thru this again if I have a choice so I guess its two ski's for me. The blood (bruise) has appeared at the top of my hammy and some of it has ran down to the back of my knee and pooled there. First follow-up visit to an orthopedic guy tomorrow. I'm praying for no surgery.
    Its hard to give up something that you love! Thanks for sharing your story.
    After you posted I remembered a guy I met years ago who was paralyzed from the waist down from a waterski accident. It can always be worse!

+1
    Sorry to hear about the accident hope that it gets better. I remember when I was much younger and pulled a hamstring. Was not a pleasant time. Had a bruise from the top of the leg down to my ankles and feet. I ripped it good. No therapy back then and just took it easy. Just getting over the most recent hamstring pull and had a sports massage and really made a big difference.. Best to you remember Doctors most always like to do something that will cost you money. Ice is your friend. Unless you tore the hamstring there is nothing that a doctor can do for you that you cant do yourself. My two cents

+1

gross

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140730_185130_959.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	337454no surgery needed

+1
    Seriously? Man, that looks like a wicked tear at each end of the muscle. About 10 years ago I had a coworker do the same thing, he was near 60 at the. He had a nearly complete tear of one muscle section and it took over 3 years before he looked like he was walking right.

Get a 2nd opinion and follow all of the rehab to the letter. Don't skimp on any of the exercises of physical therapy.

Thread Information