Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Guy

+1

New Guy

Whats going on guys. New to the water world, but looking for people to ride with. Im in Philly, so the obvious place for riding is the shore. Do people meet up from here to ride together? I have a Waveraider 760 that's in pieces currently, but should be in the water by the weekend. I have a few friends who ride the Delaware bay frequently, but Im just looking for others who ride in the area.

+1
    Ski is in the water and she runs. Who rides around here? Any river rats near Philly or Trenton?

+1
    May head down to Corsons inlet next Friday 8/8 if weather is good. Sometimes hit the Delaware out of Neshaminy state park but i like the shore better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grovite View Post
    May head down to Corsons inlet next Friday 8/8 if weather is good. Sometimes hit the Delaware out of Neshaminy state park but i like the shore better.
    I live like 10 minutes from the Neshaminy ramp. I will probably be riding there today around 5 actually. Im trying to get some more testing in before I head to the shore Saturday.

+1
    Weather looks good for friday. I'll be at Corsons by 10 or 11am.

I ride in Lavallette, barnegat bay , Belmar shark river inlet, Manhattan lower and uppoer bay, if anyone is interested in going out let me know. If it is nice outside i am looking always lookf for people to go out with. If you have never been to barnegat bay riding it is one of the best places to ride. I would meet up with you and show you around.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tumoraiders View Post
    I ride in Lavallette, barnegat bay , Belmar shark river inlet, Manhattan lower and uppoer bay, if anyone is interested in going out let me know. If it is nice outside i am looking always lookf for people to go out with. If you have never been to barnegat bay riding it is one of the best places to ride. I would meet up with you and show you around.
    Once I get my ski running I will definitely take you up on the offer. Still working the kinks out of my ski.

+1
    I've been looking to check out tices shoal and barnegat area. If your going to that area Friday, let me know, i can change destinations. Where is a good launch in that area? One that's good at low tide also. Thanks.

if you are going to tices shoal there is a launch on 13th street on the bay in seaside park. it will put you close to the shoal. I launch north in lavallette. So if you come off the 37 bridge onto the barrier island go towards seaside park to 13th street and make a right onto 13 and take it to the bay. There is a launch there. I am not sure how much it is but it is maintained. There is a launch just north of ortley beach right next to the ramp that takes you on to west point island. If you use google maps and search for west point island barnegat bay nj you can see the ramp. It is public and free. The only issue is if you want to leave your trailer and truck/car in the parking lot it does require a 50 dollar trailer pass and 10 dollar parking that is for the season. You can launch and then park your car up one of the side streets. I usually buy the season pass it is just easier. There is no day pass at the ramp in lavallette. I like this ramp because it has a nice beach that you can pull up onto after you launch. Here is a video of the launch area. . If you go to the last minute of the video there is a view of the launch and beach area. If you are coming from PA and go to toms river and then take 37 to the island the best launches are on the barrier island. I will keep you posted if I am going friday the 15th.

+1
    FWIW, there's some NJ ride info on this page: http://pwctrailfinder.com/NewJerseyPWCTrailRides.html You may also note on the left side of the page is a link to a "NJ Public Boat Ramp Finder". Hope this helps, good luck, and have a great riding season.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information