Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My PVC Rack and Rod holder

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	337207Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	337208Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	337209Hello all,

I've recently built this over the weekend and have not taking it out. Just need to know everyone's feedback on durability of PVC made Racks. Will it last offshore and is it reliable? Someone told me it'll bring within a few trips out in the ocean?

Please advise with your experiences...

Thanks!

Someone told me it'll BREAK easily with a few trips offshore... Please advise with your experience..

I don't think it would hold up if you had the cooler filled with ice and were hitting some waves. I wouldn't put any rods in it while your moving. Mine is built way more heavy duty and I've ran into a few problems.

Thanks for the input.. It won't hold by by the joints or the overall pvc? Please advise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rack.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	337260

The PVC will work but it looks like you need more supports. Here's mine to give you an idea.

+1
    Hey Crawfish, your message was received but I'm going to reply via the open forum. First, though, welcome to the forum.

Regarding the rack, the durability will depend on your build design. Time and testing will tell. What I can tell you is that my racks (I have three of them now) would have made your friend eat his words. I really don't use them that often, but my first build is around six years old and I wouldn't hesitate to strap it to the ski, load it up, and take off.

Eventually,, I think SS would be the better route. Of course, I think you should also consider how much usage you'll get for the money you're going to spend. Hence, I went PVC. Go try and report back you're results.

Good luck,

'Gator

Honestly, if I had to do it over again I would of just bought a SS one. Mine came out very nice and you'll notice I don't use straps, it just hooks on and twist the turnbuckler. Which is an awesome design(go me), But I put a huge amount of time into. Looking back I would have just opted for a SS pre-built one that doesn't have the chance of breaking.

I kinda agree for Joeyman, starting to question myself if this was the better route to go.. anyhow, since it's almost complete, might as well use it until it starts to have issues.

Gator, how would you add strength to my existing build without having to break/cut it apart? Any ideas..

Quote Originally Posted by crawfish18 View Post
    I kinda agree for Joeyman, starting to question myself if this was the better route to go.. anyhow, since it's almost complete, might as well use it until it starts to have issues.

Gator, how would you add strength to my existing build without having to break/cut it apart? Any ideas..
    I would add Supports on the sides. You could cut where you have the rod holder and add one on each side. That way you can keep the rod holder.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfish18 View Post

After looking at your pix, I suggests adding vertical bars to each side each corner.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information