Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

MoTeC for stock class ski???

Hey everyone,

Just about to order a Motec ECU and loom for my 14 RXPX.

my ski is set up for CC racing in stock class.
    Im in the UK and we don't really seem to have much tech help over here for Motec (I used to run one on my Evo and changed it out for AT ecu)

One, part from the loom is there any other sensor I should buy to set the system up for my ski???

Two, anyone on here running one with stock injectors, everyone who seems to run them are using bigger SC/injectors??

and is there anything you think I should look out for??

Basically before I park with 4K of my coin I won't to make sure I will be happy =)

Thank you for your time
    D

+1
    PS
    Sorry yes I know I need the LTC sensor as well.
    To make the launch control work tho do I need anything else apart from what comes with the kit??

Cheers

+1
    Pm nils888 hes the resident motec guy.

+1
    Like hotbird says try Nils he is your man for Motec. I think you will need to add a switch for launch but not 100% on that.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    In stock class you cant add any extra switches or sensors to it and you have to have it plug into the stock harness.

Sean

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DUCKY UK View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just about to order a Motec ECU and loom for my 14 RXPX.

my ski is set up for CC racing in stock class.
    Im in the UK and we don't really seem to have much tech help over here for Motec (I used to run one on my Evo and changed it out for AT ecu)

One, part from the loom is there any other sensor I should buy to set the system up for my ski???

Two, anyone on here running one with stock injectors, everyone who seems to run them are using bigger SC/injectors??

and is there anything you think I should look out for??

Basically before I park with 4K of my coin I won't to make sure I will be happy =)

Thank you for your time
    D

people run them in stock class so your fine there.

PS
    Sorry yes I know I need the LTC sensor as well.
    To make the launch control work tho do I need anything else apart from what comes with the kit??

Cheers
    unless your running a turbo set-up or a big boost charger whats the need for it? i've held for plenty of stock skis running aftermarket EMS and none of them needed or used launch control

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    In stock class you cant add any extra switches or sensors to it and you have to have it plug into the stock harness.

Sean
    you can run a wideband for tuning but it needs to either be completely disconnected from the loom or the sensor needs to be removed and the bung capped for when racing

7. +1 by:

The data logging in motec is worth it's weight in gold. You will need to get the revs way past stock rev limits to keep up. You will run out of injector really fast at stock fuel pressures with stock injectors.

Andy

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    We have mapping for stock class Ski's with stock injectors.

I don't know what the rules in stock class are in the UK. But At world finals last year the racers had aftermarket valve spring retainer's and adjustable fuel pressure regulators.
    This is because 8800 rpm is where the ski's perform the best. So in order to make a stock injector flow enough fuel for 8800-9000 rpm the fuel pressure needs to be turned
    up to 72PSI. This pressure is very close to stalling the stock fuel pump. so be careful doing this. Even at this fuel pressure the engines run very lean. 12.5-12.9 A/f ratio.

+1
    Thanks for the input guys.
    Yup I know my sensors have to be blocked off for racing, so got that one covered to start with.
    I know I will be fine running the motec system with its loom, as its classed as an adaptor not a full new loom, so thats sorted.
    as for the switch for launch I'm not sure?? surely if I had an after market bilge pump I would need a switch for that hehehehe

Nils, Yes we run IJSBA stock class rules over here too, so same as you guys.
    retainers and fuel reg already installed and with a vtec I'm fulling 6600 at the mo with 75/76mph on the gun.

Ski is in dock at the mo as I snapped my flywheel bolts =( don't get me started =(

Ski will also be getting bored out 1mm before racing too.

Think my main concern is just a base map and someone to help me get the map to the sweet spot, where I'm flying safely??? is this something Motec help you with or when you buy the kit are you on your own???
    or am I best off buying the kit off a runner/dealer who is then willing to offer support in the mapping department???

You guys in the US have it so much easier lol

thanks again for your time
    D

Think my main concern is just a base map and someone to help me get the map to the sweet spot, where I'm flying safely??? is this something Motec help you with or when you buy the kit are you on your own???
    or am I best off buying the kit off a runner/dealer who is then willing to offer support in the mapping department??
    Tuning on a Motec is the easy part. We can get you right thru that one. The optional data logging may be worth considdering. We prefer a widband in the Motec datalog. We can dial it in if you have a CMD but Nils gets crabby if you do it that way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information