my rxp wont start and has excessive crankcase pressure

I just got a 2005 rxp that had new piston, rings, head, injectors and lots of other stuff rebuilt but it won't start. I'm getting fuel and spark it it won't start. If I take the spark plugs put there is oil on them, enough to probably cause it not to start. Also after turning it over if you pull the dipstick out it will blow back at you. Also on the dash it says sensor when you hook up the lanyard. Any ideas? I haven't done a compression test on it yet but the mechanic says he put in a new top end and I have the receipts for all the work.

Do a compression test, if you have that much oil on the plugs and excessive crankcase pressure I bet the rings are leaking by.

+1
    The valve seals were replaced?

I was told the valve seals were replaced. I heard that there is some sort of a crankcase pressure relief solenoid. Is that true and if it's not relieving my pressure could that be my problem?

Ok well I slowly worked on my rxp over the winter when I had time and found that one of the previous "mechanics" must have left the head off. All the rings were rusted and frozen in the pistons. He also must have tried to use the starter/supercharger gear to keep the motor from turning over and broke a few teeth off it and left a couple shims out of the crank and counterbalance... So good thing it never started and I tore it apart. My new issue is now that the motor is in and everything is hooked up it wont start. I pulled the spark plugs and am getting fire. I pulled the injectors and they're spraying fuel. I pulled the motor back out to make sure I didn't do something stupid with timing but cyl3 is tdc and my cam is set right too and I can slide the holder through the hole in the dead for it. My flywheel is also set where it should be. I do have a "sensor" flashing on my screen 5 times when the key is initially put in, I read that's caused by the battery being disconnected. Any ideas?

+1
    sounds like a missed connection. you sure you got the crank sensor plug into the correct harness? easy to swap it around. when its cranking you should get an rpm reading on the dash. if not you got something swapped.

1503 marks lined up with the head?

!503 marks are lined up with the head. I just got the motor back in today. I'll go over the wiring harness again tomorrow. Is the crank sensor on the front of the motor with the wire holding it on like the injector plugs?

!503 marks are lined up with the head. I just got the motor back in today. I'll go over the wiring harness again tomorrow. Is the crank sensor on the front of the motor with the wire holding it on like the injector plugs? Also I'm going to get a new battery on my way home from work tomorrow. Is it possible that a weak battery and lack of voltage would cause this since it has such low compression?

+1
    The cps is on/in the mag cover towards the rear of the ski. Should be a set of wires coming from the bottom of the motor by the drive shaft. If I remember correctly, should plug into the harness with injectors/coils on it. Could be wrong on that part.

Weak batteries can cause all kinds issues. Just make sure you get a sealed battery like an AGM or gel type. They cost a bit more but last 3x longer with more power than acid batteries.

+1
    The 05' CPS comes out of the top center of the PTO cover.
    your #3 TDC was the front most cyl near the gas tank right?

Definitely get the new battery in first, and do a fresh compression test.
    How low is the compression now?

Thread Information