Thread: D Plate

Newport, NC

D Plate

Everything is stock, Wanting to add a dplate and block off kit. Do i need to rejet carbs to add a Dplate?

Riva Suggest adjusting "Stock low speed; 1-1/4 +/- high speed" ( )

Some say no adjustments are needed. Ive had a ski in the shop for 2 moths now, had the engine torn down 5 times, and countless hours of time put into this, and after diagnosing every possible reason for a knock in the engine, the mechanic suggest it may be catching a hot, lean stroke and firing hard. The sound is the same as ones you would hear on youtube, but with more frequency. I will be rejecting with OsideBill's carb settings. ( Hopefully, if the mechanic's hypothesis is correct, this will take out that lean fire, if that is the actual problem.

Regardless of my long story- the short answer is that rejecting should probably be done anyways due to lean factory settings. But, I have read on Greenhulk that for just a D-Plate, it is not necessary.

I added a d plate to my new 2004 when new, ran 150 hrs without rejetting with no issues. Same thing with my 2001 GPR. However, both boats were converted in the last few years to flame arrestors and Oside Bills jetting mods and I must say I wish I had done it sooner, it runs so much better and I have more peace of mind.

4. +1 by:

Thread Information