Rebuilt engine source needed

Anybody have any good advice for a rebuilt engine for my 99 gp1200? What is a good company to use?

St.Petersburg Forida
    Check out sbt on the web been in business for awhile.

I've never used sbt but I've read more bad reviews than good ones on this site....if your engine isn't completely trashed look into rebuilding it, might come out cheaper.

Disagree. And this doesn't need to be an SBT war but I've done both (rebuild and buy) and both skis run perfect. If you plan to rebuild yourself, add the cost of trueing/welding the crank and replacing everything. My bet is you will have passed SBT engine in price. fault warranty is fucking pimp. Obviously they are willing to stand behind their product even if the end user forgets to rejet, drops an oil line, doesn't mix right etc. So the math. Good luck, Jason

Banned User
    Milwaukee WI
    The only thing I am a little leary of with SBT is that if you have a motor with plated cylinders, they put sleeves in them. I think SBT is mostly ok if you are going to stay with a stock application. I have an SBT motor in one of my skis, I bought it with the motor in it. Motor runs great

I would do the rebuild myself. www. sells a complete rebuild kit for you engine for a good price. Rebuilding yourself you know for sure that all gets done. About the SBT angines, I heard so many good and bad about them. I like to use hot rod cranks and pro-x pistons. Although I had good experience with WSM premium pistons.

Thread Information