+1

Gen III stator testing of the 3 trigger coils

So the updated stator for the 1999 SLX 1050 is the same as 2000 1200 except for the wiring in the housing. Ohms checking is the same as the 2000 1200 and up.

On the triggers(red,blue,green)with gray as ground and brown as hot(9 volts battery) should be zero to 25 ohms on red,blue,& green,I am getting 108.1 on all 3 red,blue,green trigger wires.

All other checks are good. Black to ground 0 ohm Black to purple 5.5 ohms Yellow to red/purple 0.75 ohms Red,blue,green,gray to ground open

So is the stator bad? Do I replace the stator because of high ohms on the triggers 108.1 compared to 25 ohms? The manual says the number is not that important??? It is over 100 degrees in southeast Texas. It doses go from 108.1 to 0 on all 3 trigger wires red,blue,green.

IN PUT PLEASE Thanks again
    Last edited by K447; 07-29-2014 at 08:20 AM.

+1
    thats what mine measured out.turned out to be the lr 505 module.

+1
    I don't think I have a 505 module.If I do please in lighten me on what,where and to test it?This craft is a 1999 slx 1050 with a updated ignition & cdi;stator 4010170 & cdi 447.I have been wrong before! So you think the stator is good?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sandonut View Post
    ... On the triggers (red,blue,green) with gray as ground and brown as hot (9 volts battery) should be zero to 25 ohms on red,blue,& green, I am getting 108.1 on all 3 red,blue,green trigger wires...

Do I replace the stator because of high ohms on the triggers 108.1 compared to 25 ohms? The manual says the number is not that important?

... It does go from 108.1 to 0 on all 3 trigger wires red,blue,green...
    You are testing the Hall Effect sensors. Each sensor switches to a low resistance when the flywheel timing magnet passes close by, then reverts to a VERY HIGH resistance. The exact low resistance number is NOT important, but it should be some value way under 1,000 ohms.

What IS important is that the measured ohms for each sensor channel changes suddenly from a very high resistance or even open circuit measurement to a very low ohms, then change back to high ohms as the timing ring magnet moves in and then out of sensor range. The exact low ohms reading depends on the brand and model of the multi-meter.

I suspect that when you say your meter is reading zero it is actually reading open circuit.

+1
    I don't think I have a 505 module.

If I do please enlighten me on what,where and to test it?

This craft is a 1999 slx 1050 with a updated ignition & cdi;stator 4010170 & cdi 447.I have been wrong before! So you think the stator is good?
    Why does the thread title say Genesis if you have an SLX 1050?

+1
    Sorry the title says Genesis 3 when it should have said Gen 3 ignition system.See you go to order stator for 1999 slx updated ignition,They want to sale you the whole update kit.When all you need is a stator.So I ask green hulk what years models would work,2000 1200s & ByanP said(yes all 1200s will work 2000 to 2004).I was just trying to keep the stators straight.See I thought gen 3 was short for Genesis 3.I know Polaris made a Genesis wave runner,but I didn't know they made a Genesis 3 wave runner.I am not trying to get a lot post, I'm so sorry if I a fended some one.

+1
    Yes 447 0 means open.so the stator is ok?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

You are testing the Hall Effect sensors. Each sensor switches to a low resistance when the flywheel timing magnet passes close by, then reverts to a VERY HIGH resistance. The exact low resistance number is NOT important, but it should be some value way under 1,000 ohms.

What IS important is that the measured ohms for each sensor channel changes suddenly from a very high resistance or even open circuit measurement to a very low ohms, then change back to high ohms as the timing ring magnet moves in and then out of sensor range. The exact low ohms reading depends on the brand and model of the multi-meter...
    So are all three Hall Effect sensors doing the correct high-low-high resistance as the crankshaft turns?

... It does go from 108.1 to 0 on all 3 trigger wires red,blue,green...

Yes ... 0 means open.

so the stator is ok?

Thread Information