Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone Ride in Lake Hopatcong

Hi
    I am new to forum and looking for people to ride with in Lake Hopatcong.

Let Me Know

John

+1
    I was there once for the first time about a month and a half ago on the weekend since I had my ski up that way and it was too busy for me on the weekend. I might go back in the fall with a wetsuit if I have my ski up in Bridgewater but I think they will be draining it this year?

+1
    Been there once,was crowded for a May weekend,but very scenic and pleasant ride..

But watch your speed,I believe there's a 35mph limit on weekends there with water cops patrolling ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    I was there once for the first time about a month and a half ago on the weekend since I had my ski up that way and it was too busy for me on the weekend. I might go back in the fall with a wetsuit if I have my ski up in Bridgewater but I think they will be draining it this year?
    Where did you hear this, I thought the last 5 year 5 foot drawdown was this past fall?

Thanks for the info

Best time to go to Lake Hopatcong is after Labor day. The water is still warm. No speed restriction. The only time there is a speed restriction is weekends and holidays during the summer. I went in and asked the Park Rangers and was told i could ride it like i stole it. The only issue with Hopatcong is you can get bored quick on the small lake. 70 miles an hour i blink my eyes and i am on the other side of the lake. It is a nice lake if you want a quick ride. Do not go to this lake on weekends during the summer. It is nice lake to go to if you want to do a final ride for the season and run fresh water through your machine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tumoraiders View Post
    Best time to go to Lake Hopatcong is after Labor day. The water is still warm. No speed restriction. The only time there is a speed restriction is weekends and holidays during the summer. I went in and asked the Park Rangers and was told i could ride it like i stole it. The only issue with Hopatcong is you can get bored quick on the small lake. 70 miles an hour i blink my eyes and i am on the other side of the lake. It is a nice lake if you want a quick ride. Do not go to this lake on weekends during the summer. It is nice lake to go to if you want to do a final ride for the season and run fresh water through your machine.
    Finally somebody who knows what they are talking about! I like it on fall week-ends also plus summer Friday late afternoons.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ River Rider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    Where did you hear this, I thought the last 5 year 5 foot drawdown was this past fall?
    BUMP

+1
    I didn't hear it any where I just read it was every 5 years and thought it might be this year. Didn't know they did it last year hence my question mark.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ River Rider View Post
    Yup I rode there last sept when they dropped the level about 2feet. Needless to say I sucked up alotta seaweed that day, and launching was quite interesting hahaha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information