Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Needs help with my 2000 Polaris Genesis 1200 fuel injected

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and need help with my 2000 Polaris Genesis 1200 fuel injected. I had it out a couple weeks ago and it was running perfect, put it in the water this past weekend and it would not start for me just it would just turn over and over and nothing. It seemed as though it was not getting fuel so I took out the spark plugs and put a couple drops of fuel in the cylinders and it fired right up and ran perfect; However when I shut it off again it would not start without putting fuel in the cylinders again. Can someone give me some direction to this problem??? The spark plugs are a little black looking but I was thinking this was just from putting fuel in the cylinders. I have tried the watercraft tonight just by hooking it to the hose from my home and it fired right up.

Someone please help.....

Thanks!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to GH!

check out the link in my sig to K447's Polaris help pages

your battery may be marginal.

Most Polaris no start issues begin at the battery.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mchubbs View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and need help with my 2000 Polaris Genesis 1200 fuel injected. I had it out a couple weeks ago and it was running perfect, put it in the water this past weekend and it would not start for me just it would just turn over and over and nothing. It seemed as though it was not getting fuel so I took out the spark plugs and put a couple drops of fuel in the cylinders and it fired right up and ran perfect; However when I shut it off again it would not start without putting fuel in the cylinders again. Can someone give me some direction to this problem??? The spark plugs are a little black looking but I was thinking this was just from putting fuel in the cylinders.

I have tried the watercraft tonight just by hooking it to the hose from my home and it fired right up.

Someone please help.....

Thanks!
    Welcome

Did you prime the engine with gasoline to start it on the hose?

Tip: No need for garden hose water feed if the engine will be run for less than 30 seconds from cold.

I did not prime the engine when I hooked it up with the hose tonight

I have had the watercraft now for about 3 years and have been on the Polaris PWC Knowledge page before, very helpful info on there! I'd also like to mention I have repaired the fuel pressure regulator earlier this spring in the fuel pump as it had fallen off, so I just put it back on where it came off. but the machine has been running perfect until this issue came on this past weekend

+1
    I have had the watercraft now for about 3 years

... I have repaired the fuel pressure regulator earlier this spring in the fuel pump as it had fallen off, so I just put it back on where it came off.

but the machine has been running perfect until this issue came on this past weekend
    The fuel pressure regulator mounting was reinforced or just pushed back into the plastic hole?

Two possible issues come to mind.
    Fuel pressure regulator may have fallen off again and fuel pressure is very low.

Check fuel injector voltage on White/Red wires. Do not unplug any injectors, find a place to tap into a White/Red wire. Black meter probe to engine ground. Should be well over 20 volts when cranking the engine.

I pushed the pressure regulator back in to where it came from and reinforced it to keep it from falling back out, I have checked rechecked this thinking that this was the problem, however the regulator was still in place.

So just check the voltage on each white/red wire going to each injector and it should be more than 20v dc while cranking the engine, will I do this with the tether on or off? and spark plug caps on or off?

+1
    I pushed the pressure regulator back in to where it came from and reinforced it to keep it from falling back out, I have checked rechecked this thinking that this was the problem, however the regulator was still in place.

So just check the voltage on each white/red wire going to each injector and it should be more than 20v dc while cranking the engine, will I do this with the tether on or off? and spark plug caps on or off?
    All White/Red wires are linked together, so any place you can tap in will do.

Tether installed, spark plugs hooked up. All normal.

You should check the actual fuel pressure at the Schrader valve tee. The regulator is not the only thing that affects fuel pressure. Fuel pump runs whenever the engine is cranking, or running.

Ok, so I checked the white/red wires going to the injectors for voltage and I had up to 40v dc on them. I was also thinking that my battery may be bad, I thought i read somewhere before that these needs a fairly good charged battery to start, not sure how accurate this info is? I took the battery out earlier and put it on a battery tester and it came up weak. I charged it for a while and the once again came up weak. I will be buying a new bsttery this week, just maybe this will solve my problem. Any other ideas?

+1
    40 volts on White/Red while cranking the engine? With all injectors plugged in and everything connected normally?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information