Issue with 2012 rxtx as 260

Bought this ski new last year, only has 14 hours on it. Last year late in the season i must have ran through a sand bar or something because the ski started cavitating and wouldn't budge past 60mph and tach maxed at 7700 or so. So i took to dealership and had them look at it...they replaced impeller and wear ring with stock parts. I also just had them winterize it since it was end of season anyways. Fast forward this year..because I've been busy as hell didn't get to take it out for the first time until just before july. I took it out after dropping in the water to see how it ran. I couldn't get it to budge past 62mph at 7920 rpm. So I called dealership and said hey I thought you fixed it. (I would consistently get 67/6. They said to change the plugs because sometimes they get fouled because of the fog that's used..i got replaced with stock plugs and puts some gas treatment in and filled the tank with fresh gas...nothin, max i got was 63 for a quick instance at 7960rpm. Ski sounds find and it don't cavitate, I've tried different vts and nothing..i rode on the bay that was glass surface so there was no chop. Is there something you think they might have missed? Also, what should the rpms be on that ski..i can't remember what i used to get but i could have sworn it was over 8k. Any ideas?

Thanks

+1
    In the heat of the summer you will loose 150 to 300 RPM depending on how hot the air and water are. The ski stock will run 8040 max.

+1
    That sludge you ran thru could have gotten in the IC, I would remove it and ensure it is perfectly clean. Then check all the hose clamps are tight making sure you have no boost leaks.

As Tiny said, the stock rpm limiter keeps you at or below 8040 rpm. Your speed should be 67-69 mph all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    That sludge you ran thru could have gotten in the IC, I would remove it and ensure it is perfectly clean. Then check all the hose clamps are tight making sure you have no boost leaks.

As Tiny said, the stock rpm limiter keeps you at or below 8040 rpm. Your speed should be 67-69 mph all day long.
    Yeah weather shouldn't be the issue since both my runs the temps were in the 70s. Sorry for being dumb as I'm not familiar, but what is IC I assume Intercooler?? Wouldn't this have been something the dealership would have looked at, or does this prove this dealership service sucks?

+1
    Dealership has no reason to look at an intercooler if you ski is cavitating...Not related....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Dealership has no reason to look at an intercooler if you ski is cavitating...Not related....
    Yeah I called them and told them it was still stuck at 62, prior to that issue i never saw less than 67-69 on it, and the rpms won't hit 8k, he said they are limited at 8100 and allow for 100 discrepancy. I said well regardless its not running with the speeds it should and has in the past. For only having 14 hours on it, it shouldn't be running like this. So i'm going to pull it out and take to them and have them check everything including the IC and any hoses and SC. I really want to start upgrading but i rather it be running the way it should first

+1
    You said you ran thru a sand bar. It is very likely that sand/sludge went thru the pump and into the water supply that goes into the IC(inter cooler). If you explained this to your service dept they should have checked it! If you only discussed cavitation then they wouldn't........you need to learn how to start working on your own ski!

I wish i had the mechanical inclination to do so, if it wasn't under warranty i probably would venture into that..but i did tell them i ran through a sand bar/low spot. I just mentioned the symptoms started after that happened

Thread Information