Need help from Riva waterbox owners.

I'm looking to buy a Ruva waterbox to solve a specific space and fit issue in my hull and therefore need to know a critical measurement before I buy it.

I need to know if the outlet with the temp sensor tapped in ends up exactly where the stock OEM box is today or if it moves this outlet further back in the engine bay. I need that outlet (with temp sensor tap) to move as far away from the engine block as possible.

I know the actual waterbox is shorter so allow the SC to be removed without moving waterbox, but does the outlet still remain in the same relative place in the hull.

(That outlet and sensor force my 4" air to push towards the starboard side and then crush my IC to throttle hose. If the Riva box moves the waterbox outlet backwards, my 4" air can then return to vertical and problem solved).

Cheers

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Only solution I came up with was to cut the outlet off completely, rotate 90 degrees and weld it back on.

+1
    Use a longer piece of 4 inch rubber exhaust hose. You can do that with the stock waterbox and get it back enough to get the supercharger out without removing the exhaust.

+1
    yes longer hose and if needed cut some of box off to fit in the hull better

Quote Originally Posted by dlf2001 View Post
    Use a longer piece of 4 inch rubber exhaust hose. You can do that with the stock waterbox and get it back enough to get the supercharger out without removing the exhaust.
    Good idea.

Anyone know what the lining up thing is all about on that rubber piece? Why does it need to be lined up? Is it something to do with where the clamps pull down onto?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Anyone know what the lining up thing is all about on that rubber piece? Why does it need to be lined up? Is it something to do with where the clamps pull down onto?
    Hope this picture helps....

Yes, the alignment is so both ends mate together perfectly. It's like a ball-and-socket type of a fit. The line on the rubber is only for reference because I aligned mine while leaving everything loose then snugged it all up once seated properly. Its easy and it will all make sense as you do it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riva-box.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	337392  

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post

Yes, the alignment is so both ends mate together perfectly. It's like a ball-and-socket type of a fit. The line on the rubber is only for reference because I aligned mine while leaving everything loose then snugged it all up once seated properly. Its easy and it will all make sense as you do it.
    So therefore a longer rubber hose wont work, if the two metal ends butt up together.

So back to my original question, is the outlet with the temp sensor further back in the hull with the Riva box or is it just that the waterbox itself is shorter. Looking at your photo, it looks to be in the same place??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post

So therefore a longer rubber hose wont work, if the two metal ends butt up together.

So back to my original question, is the outlet with the temp sensor further back in the hull with the Riva box or is it just that the waterbox itself is shorter. Looking at your photo, it looks to be in the same place??
    Longer rubber hose works great. Mine has been like that for many hours. This has been called the Sundance mod on the forum after the originator of the mod.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=sundance+mod

Post 230 in this thread.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=sundance+mod

Thread Information