Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Beware SVHO engine

Posting this to as many forums as possible.

Purchased 2014 fx Svho brand new one month ago... 1 20 minute ride later and the ski won't start. Take it into dealer and after over a week they inform me the starter clutch is defective. Engine has to be disassembled and removed to do the job. 3 weeks later ski is still sitting apart, waiting on special tools from yamaha that are on back order so ski can be put back together. Yamaha and their field rep refuse to do anything beside get the ski back together as soon as they can with no actual time limit. Be careful buying yamaha. I live in a climate that allows a limited riding season and it looks like this season already over. I will never never buy yamaha again. Customer service from yamaha direct has been worst I've ever experienced. Absolutely no call backs, no answers, and no commitment to resolve my misfortune, by more than 1 yamaha rep. Looks like I need a warranty that enforces yamahas warranty.

UPDATE: after numerous calls back into Yamaha customer service, with no answers, the latest response from one of their service reps I will not name AT THIS TIME, was: "special tools are on backorder with crestec"... my response "I bought a brand new ski from Yamaha not crestec!" his response: "We have no control over another company" My response "I need to talk to someone with some answers, I bought a defective ski in my opinion, over a month ago and I need an ANSWER!" His response: "I will put the request in 5-7 business days thank you goodbye" And HUNG UP. THANKS AGAIN! I put a call into another department for a senior agent to get involved. We will see what happens. At this point I don't event want the ski anymore... a huge mistake

I will keep as many people informed of the way of YAMAHA WARRANTY PROCEDURES AND THEIR "COMMITMENT" TO CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.

+1
    Hmm, that's quite a first post.
    what's the name and location of this dealer who doesn't have the tools?

+1
    There are no special tools required to do a starter clutch? And if you thought Yamaha warranty was bad just be glad you didnt buy a Kawasaki or seadoo. Yamaha has the best warranty and customer service PERIOD. They even replaced parts on my ski 1 year after the warranty expired because the damage MIGHT have happened when it was in the warranty period. This sounds more like your dealer does not know what to do not Yamaha.

+1
    I think Yamaha is a great ski.......is maybe your dealer being an ASS with you....

+1
    Find a good Twitter account and start posting some info as to the problem. Dont bash just facts. Heard that this morning. Maybe even a yamaha facebook post

+1
    the SVHO uses the same tools as the SHO motor, so either you're dealer is lying to you or they never had them to start with, or not a dealer but independent shop that doesn't have the tools. don't blame the SVHO motor as the starter clutch can fail on any motor. it does suck to have to pull the motor in order to remove the stub shaft and magneto tp replace the starter clutch

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    I agree! It should be the dealer that is getting the bad rap in this situation. Parts can break. That's just the way it goes. How its handled is what matters.

That jackhole of a dealer should have offered you a new ski as soon as it looked like the repairs would take more than a couple of hours. You need to post up the name and location so we all know where to NOT purchase from.

I've got news for you... I have recorded all my conversations with yamaha and will release them if necessary. The dealer is all ohio motorsports Bedford heights ohio. I strongly disagree with best customer service and have logs to prove it. The conversation before the last by a rep I will not release yet was they are under unusual circumstances and are extremely understaffed. I have waited too long for an answer

They notified me upon calling that all calls are recorded for training so I am within my legal right to do so.

+1
    This is the place?

http://www.allohiomotorsports.com/map_hours.asp

and you're saying this dealer (who claims to have been in biz since the 1940's) can't fix your ski because they need a special tool?

"We are a well-established dealership that has been in the Powersports industry since 1948"

http://www.allohiomotorsports.com/aboutus.asp

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information