Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

how long is to long for it to sit?

i think we are coming up on 3 months now the ski has not left the garage. new battery will be installed today/tomorrow

about once a week i will hold the throttle and let it crank for about 7 seconds. seems like every time i try to ride something comes up. i have considered selling it but i dont really want to.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Here in Canada they sit from a minimum of November to April (Aviva insurance requirement). Usually don't hear of any problems assuming it was properly stored.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    Here in Canada they sit from a minimum of November to April (Aviva insurance requirement). Usually don't hear of any problems assuming it was properly stored.
    yeah little different for yall than here in texas. i have never winterized a ski as i would ride year round usually. this summer it has been difficult to get to the water as often as i would like.

+1
    keep as little gas in it as possible and run it monthly trying to add some fresh gas

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    keep as little gas in it as possible and run it monthly trying to add some fresh gas
    that is a concern as it has dang near a full tank. i do fire it up and let it run but only for 10-15 seconds. i dont have a flush kit yet to hook it up to the hose. need to get one so i can do the oil change on it.

yup ...mines been stabled for well over a month....i always keep it filled up as i always do my test runs with same amount of weight/gas in tank...ive always heard to keep it full to prevent condensation but downside is it needs to be run regularly ...kinda like a damned if ya do/dont type thing....think i will burn out all the current gas and fill up with ethy free just in case it has to sit again for a long time...like you i also go out and let it run for a few seconds....

You should have a full tank for storage to reduce the chance of condensation diluting the gas. Just remeber that for longer period you need Stabil and fogging. The manual tells you how. It's easy.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    You should have a full tank for storage to reduce the chance of condensation diluting the gas. Just remeber that for longer period you need Stabil and fogging. The manual tells you how. It's easy.
    The gas will go bad. No matter how much Stabil you have in it. We are talking about 4 stroke high performance motors, not weed eaters.

+1
    going to try and burn that gas this weekend. if that falls through then i will need to drain the tank. should be more than enough to keep my lawn mower full for a long time.

11. +1 by:

+1
    I heard fill the tank to the very top and add Stabilizer for storage otherwise you leave room for condensation on the inside of the tank.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information