Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

+1

Vacation

Hey guys i am planning my next vacation and was wondering whats your favorite place to go with jet skis?
    went to key west last year and did not like it. I actually left and drove all the way to clearwater for the rest of the time. Will love to try another key like marathon but not sure if it is a good place to take jet skis. Key west does not have lots of public ramps and there in not a whole lots of places where jet skies are allowed. Any input will be appreciated. It does not have to be the keys, if you have another favorite place and you dont mind sharing i will appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

+1
    Javy, I have no immediate recommendations, but perhaps my site can help you choose a destination or two: pwctrailfinder.com

I hope this helps and best of luck.

+1
    Well, you could always tow it down to Miami/Key Biscayne and ride it to The Bahamas...

+1
    I really want to do the bahamas trip. I had dreamed about this for a while. Never got together as a group to go there but really willing to do it. I do have a boat in clearwater but it will be hard for me to take it to the Miami as it will require a wide load permit. Last time i towed from orlando to clearwater i got lucky as i got stopped 5 mins from the ramp by a clearwater police. He gave me a break. I will join if any group is going, no doubt about it. We probably should get a group together...... Who say yes?

+1
    Well, if you want to go this year, the group I went with last year is doing it. Here's the link to the FaceBook page. KawiKing from here is going with them this year. I wanted to, but my finances did not come into alignment for this year. I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.

+1
    Around how much money would you need per person. How many days are they planning to go?

+1
    We have a group planed to go to Bahamas next year end of May beginning of June time frame date not actually set yet. I'm trying to get a weekend trip to Bimini together for September of this year if I can get some people to go.

+1
    One of my fav places to ride is Naples/Marco Island. Check out the SW FL thread in this section. People always riding there.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=208469

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Javy View Post
    Around how much money would you need per person. How many days are they planning to go?
    The plan:
    Arrive in Miami on Tuesday, August 26
    Depart for Great Harbour on Wednesday, fuel/food stop in Bimini
    Fuck off around Great Harbour Wednesday-Friday
    Return to Bimini Saturday morning-ish
    Return to Miami Sunday morning

Our Destination:
    http://www.greatharbourcay.com/index.htm

Bimini Lodging:
    http://www.vrbo.com/165488
    Approx. $65/night/person

Great Harbour Cay:
    http://www.vrbo.com/394316
    Approx $75/night/person

Now, I know it took me right at 13 gallons of fuel each way to Bimini and back on my '13 Yamaha FX HO. It's a little further from Bimini where the refueling is going to happen to Great Harbour Cay, so I'll just round up to say 30 gallons one way? But then you're also going to be scooting around the islands while you're there, so an additional 10-30 gallons there. Last year fuel was ~$6 per gallon in Bimini. Bahamas $ trade 1:1 with American $.

+1
    I heard there is a $150 vessel fee to enter Bimini by way of watercraft. Anyone know if this is true? If you stay over night at a hotel, is there a marnia or hotel docking for your skis? I'd love to make this trip but reluctant to on a Spark. You are supposed to clamp off an intake hose if you need to get towed and its impossible to reach unless you take the whole deck of the ski off ( impossible to do in the water ) so if you get towed you need to be at idle speed. that would take days from Bimini. Traveling with boat that has a jetski lift on it would be AWESOME.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information