+1

Adding tial bov spring

Okay so I have my bov on my ski and I just received my 3 lb spring for the tial..

I've seen videos of springs being swapped out but I'm curious on if this is something I can do with the bov still on the rubber tube? If not, how do I take it off the tube? I see the clamps but is there anything I have to worry about exploding all over the inside of my ski when I loosen it up to take the bov off the blue hose??

+1
    Remove all allen screws with exception of two opposing. Walk the opposing screws off a little at a time and you'll see the cap begin to lift from the spring pressure. Hold pressure against the top as it begins to lift. Once the screws are completely removed, slowly release the pressure on the hat until the spring is extended and tension is no longer on the hat. Remove the hat, swap the spring, make sure the bladder is tucked in as you put the hat back on. Tighten two opposing by walking them on and pushing the bladder under the hat in the seat as needed. Once tight, install the remainder of the screws. It's easy, just take your time. Keith Salles

+1
    I just installed the tial 50mm BOV. Why are you replacing the spring? Different spring pressure? Why do you feel you need different spring pressure than what came with it?

+1
    Depends, did you buy the R&D SHO or SVHO version? The SVHO version comes with an incorrect 10lb spring instead of the correct 3lb spring for supercharger applications.

+1
    I bought the svho version. Does everyone have problems with the 10lb version? Mine let's out air even at idle then quickly closes with some load and quickly (blink of eye) opens when unloaded. It responds damn quick...supposed to be different than this?

+1
    I am uploading a video right now. I'll copy here when done

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LugNutLS1 View Post
    I bought the svho version. Does everyone have problems with the 10lb version? Mine let's out air even at idle then quickly closes with some load and quickly (blink of eye) opens when unloaded. It responds damn quick...supposed to be different than this?
    The angle of your video isn't the best to see how much it's open, but it should be open at idle. Goose it and it seals up, let off and it will quickly open.

I prefer the lightest spring regardless of what supercharger you're running-search for the Tial article.

+1
    If running a supercharger, the spring should be 2-3 lb period. Check the website, and my experience confirms it works great with 3lb spring at high boost (has very little surge and reacts quickly).

9. +1 by:

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Use pink spring, 3 pound for supercharger application. Or just sell me the tial for my turbo aplication

Thread Information