+1

Advice on high AFRs after vtech tune - 2005 RXP - xcharger, EIC, bigger injectors

So, looking for advice, here is my story.

My RIDE:
    2005 RXP - stock ECU, 15/21 Solas, used 42lbs riva injectors(i think they are 42lbs- thick, large greenish grey ones) , X-charger, Fizzle External intercooler, 4inch front air, Riva Pro Water Box, Thru Hull exhaust, 4Rad Torque plate and full 'Supertech light weight valves, springs and retainers' - In Atlantic Canada -- so water temp and air temp would be 'cold' compared to Florida

Purchased the vtech tuner and started testing yesterday -- (below is from the email I sent to vtech - just wondering what others think could be the issue)

--------

So I tested the 42lb maps today and they were very lean 17 and 18s idle, and when I drove around slow (only a couple minutes), I even tried a 50 lbs map and it was lean 15 and 16, when I go back to stock map my Afrs are 11 and 12. The stock map so far has the best afrs but I'm on the stock rev limit.

Opinions??

What does the above mods, having good AFRs using a stock Map suggest to you? (I'm turning 8100 at 75mph- stock map).

Do I try a 60lbs injector Map??

+1
    From your description of the injectors it sounds like you are running Delphi injectors either Rivas rebranded version or just a set of Delphi (not flow matched).

What are your AFRs at the following on the stock map?

Idle
    Mid
    WOT

Sorry if this post is late, started it on my iPhone a couple hours ago and just got back to finish.

You will need larger injectors and a tune set up for those larger injectors. The injectors you have are about 1/2 the size that I would feel comfortable tuning that ski with.

Andy

+1
    Thanks for the reply, I will see if i can post a picture of the injectors. -

Idle 1800rpm = high 11's
    MID 6000rpm 0psi boost = mid 12
    WOT 8100rpm 10-11lbs boost = high 11's

so rich across the board - from what I've read, my setup with stock map should be on the lean side.

+1
    Any chance the injectors are maybe larger than 42lbs? would that explain being rich on the stock map, but lean on the 42lbs and 50lbs map - I realize it is hard to tune this way, when I can't even say for sure what injectors I have. I have a RRFPR that i haven't YET installed.. I will start reading the 'how to' on that also.

+1
    If those are the Delphi injectors they are likely the most common 50s.

Just read your first post again, I have only seen the Riva's in a 50lb version. Find you a set of OEM 42s, I think I got a set laying around with low usage but would need to check tomorrow to be sure.

Thread Information