+1

The Watercraft Journal By The Numbers: July 2014

Several years ago, while I worked as the Associate Editor for the now defunct monthly magazine Corvette Fever, the printers had erroneously reprinted the beginning 30-or-so pages twice, replacing the centerfold and major features. Obviously, this caused quite the stir and upset a significant amount of subscribers who demanded refunds for the botched issue (which was never reprinted correctly).

I mention this because many readers of The Watercraft Journal might’ve noticed we’ve experienced a few technological hiccups over the last week. Heck, just last night we had to revert to a “basic” layout to iron out some final wrinkles. Thankfully, we’ve isolated the gremlins and are feverishly working to not only restore your favorite personal watercraft magazine to its former glory, but actually radically improve its functionality with mobile devices and tablets.
    Unfortunately, these last two days of triage shut down our analytic record keeping, thus making it impossible for us to properly celebrate us clearly achieving our goal of surpassing 14,000 individual readers for the month of July. Obviously, any good trending statistician will take a look at our curve and agree that yes, we reached our goal, but again, we want to always be forthright with the information we present.

That being said, this edition of “By The Numbers” also marks the conclusion of our third quarter. That’s a big deal indeed, as those companies who are already preparing for the closure of the riding season are looking for the right resources to help keep them busy through the winter. Again, because The Watercraft Journal is the only daily magazine that publishes original and compelling content Monday through Friday, we are the perfect partner to help broadcast your products and services to the widest audience in our sport.

November 2013 Through July 2014

July 2014

More at WatercraftJournal.Com

+1
    Thanks for what you all do for the industry. I read The Watercraft Journal a few times I week (I mostly see article links on facebook and here on GH). Seriously keep it up, nice job.

+1
    You kick ass dude! Keep up the great work! I always look forward to your stuff.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Good work Kevin..

+1
    Wow, guys. These comments are great - and truly, honestly humbling. I'm amazed that The Watercraft Journal has been as popular as its been. While we're still nowhere near what GH brings in readership-wise, it's still an honor to have so many people coming to the magazine every day. Again, thank you so very much for the kind words.

Some of you might've noticed the site loading slow, the new temporary layout or just not showing up at all. We had a heck of a snafu spring up about a week ago and we've finally zoned in on the culprit. We should have The Watercraft Journal back up to its old self soon - but only for a few weeks...

I'm really excited to announce that WCJ V.2 will be launched hopefully within the month. We're hoping to seriously ramp up our mobile adaptability making reading your favorite articles on your smartphones and tablets far, far easier - and seriously reduce loading times. Unbelievably, there are some of you still using Internet Explore (seriously, stop it), so we've gotta make things easier for those guys.

7. +1 by:

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Good to see you a couple of weeks ago. Love the pic above. Hair combed, etc. Must be before big blue got ahold of ya...lol
    Come back next year you get 2 (TWO) chocolate bars!!
    Good stuff Kevin. Keep up the good work!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Good to see you a couple of weeks ago. Love the pic above. Hair combed, etc. Must be before big blue got ahold of ya...lol
    Actually, no. This was taken by Huntington Beach Honda's Marc Sam when I returned to the launch ramp after the race.

If you notice, my hand is sooo cramped from the race that I can't but hold it in a fist. As for my hair, I don't know what to say. I guess thanks! (And I'm partial to Snickers bars.)

+1
    Love ya work mate! Keep up the great articles

+1
    Hair combed,
    Rod, I believe you just stated that Kevin is the only guy ever to look better with helmet hair...

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Hair combed,
    Rod, I believe you just stated that Kevin is the only guy ever to look better with helmet hair...
    LOL I guess so!

Thread Information