Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4

    Best mods for a rec t-3 px?

    Seems theres alot of diffrent views on here on ways to get the best out the T3 P-X.
    I ride 95% in the sea so top end isnt always possible,so favour hole-shot,handling and reliability over numbers.
    Whats the best way to extract more from them and whats needed?

    Previous P-x i had a few bits done and was running 75.8gps on the days chop wasnt to bad so something around there would be plenty,also worx grate made a huge diffrence on the 255 hull in the sea both handling and accel.
    Would a bone stock T3 with A vtech 8400 map,data logger,kanoflex,free flow exhaust and pitched stock prop to suit rev limit be around 72-75gps?And much stronger than stock?

    Or is it better to just go above with 8800map,retainers,injectors and rrfpr?What speeds these seeing?

    Or add a 137-4mm wheel to the above?

    Looking for best accel/reliabilty im thinking opion 2 the 8800 map and stock s/c?


  2. #2
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Follow my mods in my sig, and add a Riva intake grate and you should have what you are looking for. I have my rev limiter set at 8400.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    I have the ET for sale

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    588
    +1
    93
    Since your not worried about top speed listen to Troy and follow his setup.

    You'll have better reliability and run a solid 74MPH GPS and in great conditions should pull a solid 75MPH. I also consider retainers since chances are you'll be coming unhooked quite a bit and it would also allow you to push your RPM's a little more.

    On the T-3 hull to get beyond 75 it starts to cost big dollars.

  6. +1 by:


  7. #5
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    Would a bone stock T3 with A vtech 8400 map,data logger,kanoflex,free flow exhaust and pitched stock prop to suit rev limit be around 72-75gps?And much stronger than stock?
    Yes it is attainable. Less mods usually means less issues and a longer lasting motor. I would recommend a stainless steel wear ring and aftermarket motor mounts, plus driveline alignment for all that rough water riding.

  8. +1 by:


  9. #6
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post
    I also consider retainers since chances are you'll be coming unhooked quite a bit and it would also allow you to push your RPM's a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I would recommend a stainless steel wear ring and aftermarket motor mounts, plus driveline alignment for all that rough water riding.
    Both very good advice, especially since you will riding in rough water.

  10. #7
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Follow my mods in my sig, and add a Riva intake grate and you should have what you are looking for. I have my rev limiter set at 8400.
    Have you stock injectors and stock head?There a noticable diffrence over stock?

  11. #8
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    Would a bone stock T3 with A vtech 8400 map,data logger,kanoflex,free flow exhaust and pitched stock prop to suit rev limit be around 72-75gps?And much stronger than stock?
    Yes it is attainable. Less mods usually means less issues and a longer lasting motor. I would recommend a stainless steel wear ring and aftermarket motor mounts, plus driveline alignment for all that rough water riding.
    Yeah id def be checking the alignment it seems to be more common now?
    And the motor mounts good shot,has anyone suffered any spider cracking like the 215+255 models?

  12. #9
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    So 4" intake,vtech to 8400 or 8800 if i go retainers,and prop pitched to suit is really engine wise all thats needed?
    And obviously the older cooler,catch can,mounts,allignment true grate etc.

  13. #10
    ATNryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    695
    +1
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    So 4" intake,vtech to 8400 or 8800 if i go retainers,and prop pitched to suit is really engine wise all thats needed?
    And obviously the older cooler,catch can,mounts,allignment true grate etc.
    Sounds like you're on the right track. If you plan on running 8800 I would suggest upgrading your injectors too tho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best mod for the buck STX 15F ?
    By elviswongg in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 11:12 PM
  2. with 4000$ what the best mod for rxpx
    By tottii in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
  3. best mods for rough water - gpr 1300
    By stewartgpr in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 07:59 AM
  4. Best Mods For Surf Riding on a GSXL
    By Mik72e in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 06:09 AM
  5. Best mods for choppy water?
    By Saladbar in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •