Seadoo challenger 180 trolling motor

May not be in the best place to post this but I just installed a Minn kota 55lb ipilot on my 2011 Seadoo challenger 180 se i just thought I would post some pics. I made the bracket and there is no holes in the boat it clamps onto the front rail and inside of the boat I will add more pics later today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140730_220737.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	337556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140730_220745.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	337557  

Just picked up a Seadoo Challenger 180 & wanting to add trolling motor. Scouring the net for mounting ideas and came across your post from back in 2012. Long shot time wise but if your still around can you share any additional detail how you mounted bracket & material used as it looks like a great set-up?

Minnkota trolling motor mount ...

Quote Originally Posted by JR3519 View Post
    Just picked up a Seadoo Challenger 180 & wanting to add trolling motor. Scouring the net for mounting ideas and came across your post from back in 2012. Long shot time wise but if your still around can you share any additional detail how you mounted bracket & material used as it looks like a great set-up?
    I am researching same and came accoss the Minnkota engine mount trolling motor (google it). Also the Marinetech Navigator as well. These trolling motors are designed to attach directly to an outdrive. My IDEA is to attach it inverted onto the jet drive steering unit just as you would attach Cobra jet steering thrusters (or even attach the motor to them).

What do you think of my idea and perhaps we can come up with a way to make it work. The engine mount trolling motors are so much cleaner install than having all the hooplah on the bow of the boat ...

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boincali View Post
    I am researching same and came accoss the Minnkota engine mount trolling motor (google it). Also the Marinetech Navigator as well. These trolling motors are designed to attach directly to an outdrive. My IDEA is to attach it inverted onto the jet drive steering unit just as you would attach Cobra jet steering thrusters (or even attach the motor to them).

What do you think of my idea and perhaps we can come up with a way to make it work. The engine mount trolling motors are so much cleaner install than having all the hooplah on the bow of the boat ...
    By attaching it inverted are you implying that the actual trolling motor unit referenced will be mounted below the level of the transom at all times? If so I would avoid that configuration. I doubt the motor or mount is intended to be in the water at speed and I would be concerned that it would rip off, not to mention I would expect a serious decrease in the performance of your boat as well as a significant loss of fuel economy.

Mounting on the bow has further advantages as well when it comes to maneuvering while there is any wind, not to mention the articulation available with a bow mount vs a jet mount. I would reconsider your plan.

Thread Information