Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Spark having serious problems

Alright guys I know I don't post much but I'm having serious problems with my spark What happeneds is the following

Outside of the water turn it on acts perfect reving good
    Perfect

Now the problem is when I throw it in the water
    About the first time I turn it on and put it on sport more, it acts perfect for about the first 20 Minutes of riding. Great take off power and everything

Now after the 20 Minutes it doesnt take off the same anymore and sometimes holding full throttle I'm only going about 10 MPH sometimes less and when it does run I only manage to get about 30 mph when I had it stock it ran perfectly find 45 MPH in rough water I don't know What's going on anymore!

I started feeling this problem and I thought it was the wear ring I was loosing power replace with a stainless steel still kept on the same.

Any help would be appreciate.

List of mods I have
    3up 90hp
    - stainless steel west ring
    - solas impellar
    -riva racing water box
    -riva flow exhaaust
    -removed spark arrestor
    I installed it back thinking it was this and nothing

What was the impeller like? If you are getting good rpms then it has to be a pump problem. Any chance the prop is damaged? or the drive shaft is stripped?

Im having the same problem but running a vtech tune i have narrowed it down to a cooling problem I believe My ski only cools using the right heat exchanger, the left one is completely cold I would think this to be an abnormality. I could be wrong I need someone with a fully operation spark to see if both sides get warm.

Quote Originally Posted by cleetus View Post
    What was the impeller like? If you are getting good rpms then it has to be a pump problem. Any chance the prop is damaged? or the drive shaft is stripped?

Well the solas impeller is pretty much new, the stock one had a couple chips bit nothing serious. Now in the water holding full throttle going 10 mph you don't hear the engine reving up it just feel like It's getting held up

Sparkmiester now that you mention it my reservoir is always empty

I just posted a thread on this, if you let the ski set for 5-10 min does the problem go away??

Kinda best thing that works for me is unplugging the main connector and waiting 1 min

+1
    One one of the heat exchangers work on the sparks..The other one is there for structual integrity and the motor mounts go into in...

Well then WTF is going on....

Man this is so wired...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information