Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VX110 starts to have a ignition miss after 40-45 minutes of running.

Thanks ahead of time for any help that you have to offer me. We can run it for 30 minutes slow or full out but as soon as we get to that magic timeframe we start to get a miss-fire and the ski will only do about 25 MPH. We can run it slow for a while after the missing starts and get it to work back to full speed after a minute or so but at anytime after that first 30 it is a crap shoot what you will get when you pull the throttle. We changed the plugs a few weeks ago. We have had it out about three times after the plugs where changed and each time it is the same thing. We had the issue last year at the end of the season. First time out this year we had changed the plugs and checked the air filter before heading out. Any thoughts?

what year is the ski? Does the ski throw a code when it misfires?

Check codes by holding the button on the dash for 10-15 seconds down. It should give a code.

sounds ecu related but ive seen corroded pins in the harness do this.

You can pull the plugs on the ecu and push those little white tabs in with a pair of needle nose. Individually pull each wire and replace before pulling the next wire. If you see on the looks corroded then pull it, could need replacing. Dont go up and replacing the entire harness, because thats a total waste of money. I can source you the pin terminals and give you the part number for them if needed.

I did not know that you could get codes from the display. I will have to check. The ski is a 2006. Thanks for the help!

Itll only give you the last code thrown, so if it goes off, then test. you cant just go out and hold the button to see what it says whenever you want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Outboard-Jet-Boat-WaveRunner-YDS-Diagnostic-cable-kit-BEST-BUY-/331023659856?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=i tem4d128c3350&vxp=mtr

this WILL be the best 80 dollars you ever spent on your ski, and it will work for yami outboard engines too.
    Last edited by kwtony; 08-02-2014 at 07:42 PM.

OK. On the kit that you listed from Ebay, why are they only available from outside of the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Racerx886 View Post
    OK. On the kit that you listed from Ebay, why are they only available from outside of the US?
    i dont know, i bought mine from the aus? do you have a problem with buying outside of the states?? if thats the case, call 1800 riva south and theyll sell one.

I got the scanner but not sure where to plug it into???

I got to ride the ski today and found out that it is not missing. It just shuts down to a idle.

When it goes into idle, push the button on the dash for 10 seconds or till it shows a code. If its going into protect mode and showing no codes, you could have a bad harness...

There is a panel you need to remove in the hood compartment, behind that are about 12 plugs. You are looking for a grey square blocky plug with 3 wires coming from it black white and red. This is your lcd dash panel plug assembly, thats where diagnostic cable goes.

It took me a minuet to get my computer configured to work, something about connecting cable to scan on port 24...if you are having issues connecting, ill dig a bit deeper otherwise, post up what the results are and well go from there.

I got the scanner but not sure where to plug it in????

I got to ride the ski today and it is not missing. When the issue happens it just shuts down to a idle.

When it goes to shuts down you can let off of the throttle and then give it half throttle and it will take right back off. You can drive it at 40 MPH and you will never have a issue but as soon as you go to full throttle it go to shut down again.

I checked the codes but it gives the 01 code that everything is normal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

After re-reading original post, you might have a clogged fuel filter. Which is lots of fun to clean....NOT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information