Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Used RXP value?

Used RXP value?

Hey all, I've been looking into possibly getting a sea-doo 3d di, but I haven't find one for a good enough deal yet, plus I haven't found anyone that's actually ridden one.
    Anyway, I've also been looking at the RXP and I found one that I would like your opinion on. It's a 2004 RXP with 61.3 hours on it, it's at a dealership, and they said it's been serviced there the entire time. Now they are asking $6500 for it without a trailer. Is that a good deal? If not, how much should it go for?

Finally, if I was to try and get a new 2006/2007 RXP (215hp), what would be the best deal I could expect to get on one?
    Thanks for any help.

Edit : also, how many hours is normal for a used 2004 model ski? thanks again

+1
    That is a good Retail price from a dealer. The hours are low.
    And if they have serviced it they can tell you if it has had any SCer washer issue's. If not it is real good, but put Metal washers in it once you get it.

Thanks for the help, I'll ask them about the supercharger washers. Anyone know what the cheapest you can get a new RXP for? This will be my first jet ski and I'm wondering if I should just get a new one for the warranty until I know more about them.

+1
    I would not go with a used 2004 RXP. Save your money and get either a new one or an 06.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    That is a good Retail price from a dealer. The hours are low.
    And if they have serviced it they can tell you if it has had any SCer washer issue's. If not it is real good, but put Metal washers in it once you get it.

Better yet Austin! Hours is the second thing I would look at, wear and tear is first as well as seeing the percentile (pie chart) on the BUDDS Program. I would ask to see this in person, it tells you how the RXP was ridden. Look for how much RPM's this RXP was at open throttle. This made me realize that an RXT fit my personality being that most of my RPM's were between 4500 to 6000 and only 10% of the time I opened it up. This is what riding with a 10 year old most of the time got me!

Seems like a decent price:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...0&gc=MR&gtc=MR

Personally I would go opt for an '06; I got a great deal on mine this past September.

Good Luck.

thats a pretty good dealer price on the 04'.....if you have the money, go for a leftover 06'

Picking up my 06 Rxp today---$8999 out the door with the 2 yr warranty. I'm sure they are making a little money at that price--but I'm happy with it.
    My usual dealer at the Lake of the Ozarks wouldn't take a penny less than 10,100.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMo-xp4me View Post
    Picking up my 06 Rxp today---$8999 out the door with the 2 yr warranty. I'm sure they are making a little money at that price--but I'm happy with it.
    My usual dealer at the Lake of the Ozarks wouldn't take a penny less than 10,100.
    Thats a damn good deal

i would go 4 the 04 ask the dealer if it ever had a s/c failer if it had maybe u should stay away from it if all the service work been done there, then it should b on record 1st thing i would do is put the metal washers in the s/c i have a 04 withe 80 hrs metal washers & no problems

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information