Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

My AFR's keep leaning out. due to ride at 8am tomorrow. help!!

so the my AFR's where fine two days ago while testing a new 3 blade prop. it turned [email protected] on a 81 ring. today I change the ring out to a 84, deleted the fuel trims in the cmd, filled up and went to the water.

once out I noticed the AFR's where fine at idle but abnormally high above 5k. eased into it and whatched as autotune corrected upto about 6k. start getting into boost and it gets leaner (13.5/6) autotune corrects.

on the way back from lunch went wideopen (only 8200) and it started at 13.0, autotune brought it down to about 12.6 but then stoped (assuming it maxed out) so I started adding fuel with the LCD-200 (upto 9%). got it to 12.2 then added 1psi on the RRFPR (static/no reference line) 12.0 afr. 5 mins later it started to lean out more everywhere.

thinking the CMD went haywire I used the bypass plug to run off the ECU map (which should have been somewhat rich) and saw 14's upto boost and 13.8 in boost. put it on the trailer.

hook laptop to CMD and it maxed out the +% almost everywhere when before it was pulling fuel.

what the hell happened?

Did you check the injector DC? Maybe you have a blocked or failed / failing injector? CMD sounds like it's trying to correct a moving problem. Maybe fuel pump is on the way out? I'd definately start by looking at DC first. Then test the injectors. Finally I'd look at the pump. Do you monitor your fuel pressure through CMD or pod dial or just the set it via the meter and close the seat?

+1
    Fuel pump dieing?

Iat sensor bad?

Map sensor bad?

Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    Fuel pump dieing?

Iat sensor bad?

Map sensor bad?
    You'll see if the MAP sensor has crapped out by looking what it's reporting in the log. (Assuming op is logging!).

+1
    I am logging through the LCD-200. I took a mid rang log right before it went really south. let me see if I can post it.

DC has never been above 80% usually is at 78% @8600.

fuel pressure is at 59psi static. I whatched the gauge on the way home and didn't see it drop but I didn't go above 6k.

what are the chances I got bad gas when I filled up?

Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    I am logging through the LCD-200. I took a mid rang log right before it went really south. let me see if I can post it.

DC has never been above 80% usually is at 78% @8600.

fuel pressure is at 59psi static. I whatched the gauge on the way home and didn't see it drop but I didn't go above 6k.

what are the chances I got bad gas when I filled up?
    Doubt it's bad gas. Post your log. Sounding more like a problem after FPR. Either injectors or bad info being sent to CMD.

+1
    trying to but not sure how to post it.

trying to but not sure how to post it.
    PM it to me

+1
    I can't get it to upload. says its an invalid file type. just a MS spread sheet.

I can't get it to upload. says its an invalid file type. just a MS spread sheet.
    If you export it as CSV then pull it into Excel, then you can save as a normal Excel doc. Can you attach that?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information