Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ready to scream... Just one of those days

So I was replacing my "OPS SENSOR" and everything was going great.. Got the throttle body off..then I needed a 21mm deep socket .. Didn't have one.. No problem.. Home Depot ACTUALLY had what I needed this time! So then I get back home.. Manage to get old switch out.. I cleaned up the sensor plug wire contacts.. Screw in the new sensor ( God this is actually going really great.. ) go to plug in sensor wire... And BAMMMMM.....

the shitty little yellow rubber insulator plug falls into the abyss under my motor!!!!!

FAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKK,

Anyway.. I'm now done for the weekend.. And done for about a week I guess .. Hoping Riva might actually be able to sell me that crappy little piece.. My luck.. I'll have to buy a new harness or something!

Just had to vent.. I hope you guys are all out riding ...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407023115.610835.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	337650

You could always fill your hull with water, not too deep, drive round a bit, open bungs and drive until all water out. Should leave a lightweigh rubber / plastic part in view at the rear of the hull. Throw in some detergent and make the water warm n hey presto you'll clean your hull at the same time.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    You could always fill your hull with water, not too deep, drive round a bit, open bungs and drive until all water out. Should leave a lightweigh rubber / plastic part in view at the rear of the hull. Throw in some detergent and make the water warm n hey presto you'll clean your hull at the same time.
    That IS a great idea.. Why didn't I think of that! Can't hurt to try.. Gonna give it a go first thing in the am!

Just in case this doesn't work .. Anybody have a parts ski they might be able to pull this off for me? I'm not sure I can buy just that grommet from Riva

+1
    Air hose from the front works for me...

8. +1 by:

+1
    If they know what your looking for, they can get it....I know it can be bought....It is weather or not they can find it in the EPC

+1
    I have a spare wire harness....are we talking about the rubber seal inside the connector? If I can find it on the harness I'll send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    I have a spare wire harness....are we talking about the rubber seal inside the connector? If I can find it on the harness I'll send it to you.
    Well I couldn't rest.. I had to try the water trick...no luck .. But I did give the hull a good rinse!

Anyway it's the little rubber seal that actually sits all the way down to the base of the plug.. It's on the wire side.. Not the actual sensor that you replace.. The wire is the male that inserts into the female sensor.. On mine it was yellow and had multiple ridges.. If you have one that would be amazing

You can also just fill the sensor with dielectric grease for a temporary fix, this way you can ride this weekend.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information