+1

2013 RXPX - VTech maps - 48 8950 403,404, 405, 406 (details)

After I've tweaked my prop, I picked up more RPM than I was expecting and slamming my current 8650 tune pretty good (hit 8693 @ 75 on one run, on limiter - not bad for hot air and hot water).

I would really like detail information on how these tunes are made up (look at picture). Obviously, its meant for (48lb) stock injectors and 8950rpm limiter...

Like:
    Fuel value
    Ignition advance mid range
    Ignition advance top range

Am I the only one that is confused why VTech would offer (some) tunes for download yet no clue what specification they are set to (besides rpm limit).

BTW: I may end up pulling prop again and give it a little less love this time (my goal is 8450-8550 operating).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vt-maps1.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	337663  

+1
    I swear, I keep wanting to see (official) vtech support but at each and every corner I just haven't run across it. Certainly not for lack of trying (email or forums).

+1
    I don't have the answers your after however wanted to see what sort of afr are you running with the stock injectors at 8600r-8700?

+1
    Hi Sanfish....i´m not sure if you are talking about the files are showed in the pic or about all them.

About the files in the pic...well all them are mine. and 403, 404, 405 .... means differents setups with differents torque, boost or knock limits.

All these files are for stock injectors or special injectors we have...but you must know also that you need modify some numbers in the fuel table before install this files....to get the better improvment. I spent a lot a lot of hours and money to develope this files and also another more files.

If you will select a base file normally use to work fine (anyway and depending of mods should be check AFR or datalogger)...if you select a special file (normally use to have a extension name) always is better contact with Vtech to ask for specifications.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUSSEADOO View Post
    if you select a special file always is better contact with Vtech to ask for specifications.
    Trust me, I've tried that

So if you made those specific tunes for a very specific setup and yet its publicly available to anyone with a vtech programmer to view and/or download to ski, would it be fair to say that vtech should have a detailed view of these "special" tunes. You said you spent a lot of time and money developing those tunes. Is this for your own clients or do you partially work for vtech? If it's for your private clients, I guess I can see why you don't show detail info - respect.

I suppose if I had the ability to open each tune in "map editor" I would have a better idea of what going on with these "special" tunes...but that is locked. I think it unlocks if you buy their datalogger, don't know for sure because they never answered even that question. The only reason I haven't bought their datalogger is mostly due to the lack of support I've gotten with just a tune and programmer. At this rate, if I owned a datalogger, I know there will be plenty unanswered question

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    if you select a special file always is better contact with Vtech to ask for specifications.
    Trust me, I've tried that

So if you made those specific tunes for a very specific setup and yet its publicly available to anyone with a vtech programmer to view and/or download to ski, would it be fair to say that vtech should have a detailed view of these "special" tunes. You said you spent a lot of time and money developing those tunes. Is this for your own clients or do you partially work for vtech? If it's for your private clients, I guess I can see why you don't show detail info - respect.

I suppose if I had the ability to open each tune in "map editor" I would have a better idea of what going on with these "special" tunes...but that is locked. I think it unlocks if you buy their datalogger, don't know for sure because they never answered even that question. The only reason I haven't bought their datalogger is mostly due to the lack of support I've gotten with just a tune and programmer. At this rate, if I owned a datalogger, I know there will be plenty unanswered question

Sanfish,
    Have you mailed me? from what mail address? pls mail me on [email protected] and I will se if i can help you out?
    Just so You know I am away on Vacation so replies might not be instant but if you mail me I will reply as soon as possible.

Regarding the tunes, If you want a near perfect tune for your Ski and your modifications you need to Datalog the Ski and then make adjustment based on the logs, then you log again and if needed you make small adjustments again. Without logs it is impossible to know exactly how your Ski reacts to the Tune.
    if you add in the mail your VIN number with full Spec of Ski I can see if I can help you select a good tune that will work good with your setup as long as all is good on the Ski.

The different tunes available on server show injector size RPM limit and version number as we sometimes make updates on the tunes for different reasons.
    102 104 204 etc basically the higher the number in the end the newer version of the tune.

I dont think No tuning company will realese exactly what is done and why it is done in the different tunes.
    Hope you understand this.

Best regards// Michel, Vtech

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Trust me, I've tried that OK...por next time here is my phone number 0034600519826 and my email [email protected] ...if you contact me by phone take note about different zone time...i preffer whatsapp if you have because my english is not enough good when i speak or hear (i,m in the way)

So if you made those specific tunes for a very specific setup and yet its publicly available to anyone with a vtech programmer to view and/or download to ski, would it be fair to say that vtech should have a detailed view of these "special" tunes. You said you spent a lot of time and money developing those tunes. Is this for your own clients or do you partially work for vtech? If it's for your private clients, I guess I can see why you don't show detail info - respect.I dont wor for Vtech with a contract but i use to help them to develope some maps.....i have done around 200 remaps in differents customers...and yes some files are for my customers ( really you can not imagine how many hours and money i spent to develope some of these files)...anyway i use to help all guys who contact me asking for help. The files are in the server because is the faster and easy way if i need help some guy in the distance.

Well...i know sometimes is very frustating contact vtech...but anyway fo the moment i think is the best way to remaps ECU...before all customer had to send ECU to the tuner and sometimes work ok , sometimes no. Some files are build for special setup, other for normal setups...but there is too many variables depending about the differents places...is not the same ride in th epersic gulf than in the atlantic.....my advice is go with datalogger........anyway i repeat. if you need more info or help just contact me, i´ll be glad to help you or give you more info if you need.

​Best regards

+1
    My question on these "special" tunes have been answered by both of you. I understand and can respect that.

Thanks Jesus on the offer to help!!

Sent you both an email....

Thread Information