2014 RXT x hours

I would like to know a few things. I just bought a new 2014 RXT x. I have had it about 3 weeks. I now have 37 hours on it. I do ride a lot but it's hard to believe I put that many hours on it. Maybe it's right but it sure seems that an hour goes by in about 30 minutes. Am I riding too much? Or are the hours registering too fast?
    Everything I read on here points to malfunctions at relatively low hours. I feel like I shouldn't be putting so many hours on but I spent a fortune on this toy and I want to enjoy it. I wouldn't doubt I will hit 60-75 hrs by September. What are your thoughts on this?
    By the way it has run great so far, hits 70 on the dash gps in a flash and seems to want to pull quite a bit more if the limiter would let it. Handling is also pretty amazing compared to all the other skis I have had and ridden.

+1
    time for a v-tech flash

Well that's 12 hours a week. Does it feel like you average 12 hours a week? Time does fly when you're riding an RXTX with an S3 hull!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike4764 View Post
    I would like to know a few things. I just bought a new 2014 RXT x. I have had it about 3 weeks. I now have 37 hours on it. I do ride a lot but it's hard to believe I put that many hours on it. Maybe it's right but it sure seems that an hour goes by in about 30 minutes. Am I riding too much? Or are the hours registering too fast?
    Everything I read on here points to malfunctions at relatively low hours. I feel like I shouldn't be putting so many hours on but I spent a fortune on this toy and I want to enjoy it. I wouldn't doubt I will hit 60-75 hrs by September. What are your thoughts on this?
    By the way it has run great so far, hits 70 on the dash gps in a flash and seems to want to pull quite a bit more if the limiter would let it. Handling is also pretty amazing compared to all the other skis I have had and ridden.
    Ride as much as you can! I bought a '14 RXT-260 for use in my vacation area (Fort Myers) and I'll put about 20 hours on in less than a week. I'm sure the hour meter is working fine. Yes, the speed limiter does kick in aggressively but stock speeds are adequate for me. I got tossed once already in the rough and wouldn't have wanted to be going faster.

+1
    I've been keeping a close eye on my new 2013 RXT as this hour meter question keeps coming up. So far mine seems to be right in line with the number of hours I actually rode.

+1
    I got 50 hours on my 14 PX. That's just because I ride alot!

+1
    Lol...mine seems like it wasn't moving fast enough to pass the 10h brake in period.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike4764 View Post
    De wouldnt worry about the hours your putting on it if hour meter is correct.Id much rather buy a ski with 200hrs use than one the same age with 20.

10. +1 by:

I got 87 hours on my 14 PX so far. Planning on hitting to 150hrs by fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmcd View Post
    I got 87 hours on my 14 PX so far. Planning on hitting to 150hrs by fall.
    Thanks I feel a lot better now. I really enjoy riding and my ski is docked with my boat that we stay the summer on so it's real convenient to hop on the ski and go. I hear of so many ski's that are 5 and 10 years old with under 50 to 70 hrs on them I just figured I was simply riding too much.

Thread Information