Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2014 FX SVHO Upgrades

I've been away from the performance PWC scene for nearly 15 years, but I purchased a 2014 FX SVHO about two months ago. Well, I went as long as I could stand it... So now I'm considering upgrades and I'm looking for advice on these 4 stroke, supercharged machines. I am a lake rider and normally ride at cruising speeds, but I do like to go out looking for a race from time to time. I want something that remains rideable and reliable for all day rides. I'm hoping to get in the 75-78 MPH range and improve acceleration on the way. I also need to stay on pump gas. After looking around, I'm planning 2 stages and would like input from anyone that can help. My budget is $2K-$3K. Here's the plan as of now:

Stage 1:
    -R&D Intake Grate
    -R&D Grate Seal Kit
    -R&D Pro Comp Air Filter Kit
    -R&D Engine Cooling Kit
    -R&D Power Core Intake Manifold Sleeve
    -R&D/Tial 50mm BOV Kit

Stage 2:
    -R&D Stage 2 (or maybe Stage1) Reflash - Need opinions on this. A little nervous about a re-flash.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. I'm excited to be talking PWC performance again!

Thanks,
    Chris

I'll be keeping up with this thread. I purchased one 3 weeks ago. Love it

Enjoy the FX. What an amazing ski!! What you are doing is a perfect set up for this ski. You will want to add a Ride Plate and will probably need an inner cooler as well. The reflash will unleash the beast and would be 1 of the first things I would do IMO. Don't be nervous, you will love it. I would not go over the R2 reflash so you can keep running pump gas 91oct. I think if you go up to the R3 you might need race gas. Double check on that. Talk to Glen at R&D and let him know Sam sent ya. He will take care of you and only sell you things you need. Great guy and company.

no race gas on r3!Most here running R3 with high boost. I run 93

Well here in California I don't even know a place that sells 93oct and our pump gas is 91oct max. Then it jumps to 100oct. We can't run an R3 on 91oct is why I say that. Not sure where he is from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo310R View Post
    Enjoy the FX. What an amazing ski!! What you are doing is a perfect set up for this ski. You will want to add a Ride Plate and will probably need an inner cooler as well. The reflash will unleash the beast and would be 1 of the first things I would do IMO. Don't be nervous, you will love it. I would not go over the R2 reflash so you can keep running pump gas 91oct. I think if you go up to the R3 you might need race gas. Double check on that. Talk to Glen at R&D and let him know Sam sent ya. He will take care of you and only sell you things you need. Great guy and company.
    Will I need an intercooler with the R2 re-flash? If so, which one? It looks like R&D and Riva each make a few different versions.

Also, which ride plate is most people using? I don't want something that will create problems in rough water.

Thanks for the inputs!

+1
    Fizzle IC, hands down. And I'm not sure if Jim is modifying the 14 FX plates but his modified 14 FZ plate is the best option for the FZ platform so I'd see if he has a cut for the FX.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwood9839 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo310R View Post
    Will I need an intercooler with the R2 re-flash? If so, which one? It looks like R&D and Riva each make a few different versions.

Also, which ride plate is most people using? I don't want something that will create problems in rough water.

Thanks for the inputs!
    Me personally, I would work directly with Glen. A 30 min phone call he will explain everything you will need and he won't sell you anything you don't need. Great company product and I would stick with everything R&D. Great results hands down. And yes you will need an inner-cooler.

+1
    Get the R2 or R3. Should net you around 74-75 with that alone. Jim's cut plate added 2mph for me and that should get you the 76-77 you are after for less than a $1000. Two additional things I would suggest is an air filter and a cooling kit. If you really feel like getting crazy add the fizzle IC and you will be at 80-81 with R2 and most likely 82-83 with R3.

+1
    I have a new FX SVHO as well. Great ski for sure. I am on my "stage 1" mod group right now in fact. I am doing the following:
    1. Cold air intake kit (once you have it out you will know why based on the restrictions) Everything out waiting on arrival of new.
    2. Free flow exhaust kit (again once you have it out you will see why) everything out waiting on arrival of new
    3. RIVA stage 1 cooling kit. I slightly overdrilled the tee's it has you drill because of next step. Completed
    4. Remove strainer and drill out holes for improved water pickup. Complete
    5. Ribbon delete and power sleeve. Complete
    6. Tial BOV. Waiting on arrival.
    7. R2 R&D reflash. Sending off ECU Tomorrow.

I hope to have everything complete by this weekend pending part arrivals. The hardest parts are all done (removing exhaust manifold for the stage 1 cooling kit and also removing intake manifold for ribbon delete and removing everything else described above) If you plan to do any of the above and have questions let me know and I'll give you my contact info.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information