Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

07 RXP very catastrophic ceramic failure at 5 hours

My local Sea Doo dealer called me up yesterday wanting me to swing by and see if i could figure out why one of his customers skis would not run. It didn't take me long to figure out the cam chain snapped. This ski only had 5 hours on it '

He asked me to help him yank the engine so i did. I wanted to check for bent valves which i knew it had so i pulled the rocker shaft and pressured up each cylinder.

The verdict:
    All 6 exhaust valves bent and intakes bent on #2

I went back today at lunch to remove the head and by chance i stick my finger in the supercharger.... spins freely.

I pulled the front pump and there was zero debris which tells me the SC dropped a ceramic washer and by chance it landed between the gear and chain which snapped the chain and killed the engine instantly.

Damn the luck!

un-real!!!!!

I guess this willtake a little more than the standard SeaDoo Dealer clean up.......

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    My local Sea Doo dealer called me up yesterday wanting me to swing by and see if i could figure out why one of his customers skis would not run. It didn't take me long to figure out the cam chain snapped. This ski only had 5 hours on it '

He asked me to help him yank the engine so i did. I wanted to check for bent valves which i knew it had so i pulled the rocker shaft and pressured up each cylinder.

The verdict:
    All 6 exhaust valves bent and intakes bent on #2

I went back today at lunch to remove the head and by chance i stick my finger in the supercharger.... spins freely.

I pulled the front pump and there was zero debris which tells me the SC dropped a ceramic washer and by chance it landed between the gear and chain which snapped the chain and killed the engine instantly.

Damn the luck!

HOWRY CHIT!

you got pics?

+1
    Jerry what I think is cool, Is they asked you to help them.

This says alot for you and your skills. Very cool of him to ask and make it right for the customer and very cool with you that you have such a good rep. with them.

+1
    I can take some pics tomorrow when i split the cases apart. Looks like i got the job of getting this engine right again. Im real disappointed that SD isn't sending out a complete long block

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Jerry what I think is cool, Is they asked you to help them.

This says alot for you and your skills. Very cool of him to ask and make it right for the customer and very cool with you that you have such a good rep. with them.

Thanks Austin. The owner of our local SD dealer is a great guy. He's a wizzard with the 2 strokes, but this 4-Tec technology is all new to him. Im more than happy to help him out.

+1
    If my memory serves me correct my 03 gtx-sc came with the metal clutch and synthetic oil. Over time (for me, about 3 months of riding) the friction modifiers in the oil caused the clutch to slip. No major catastrophe, just some slippage. So what does does sea doo, they replaced the metal clutch with ceramic and get rid of the synthetic oil. It only took them about 3 or 4 months to revise the clutch and change the oil spec. My opinion is that both of these changes have greatly harm the engine.

So someone tell me why they aren't going back to a metal clutch, it's been 5 years now and they are still shipping ceramic. I know sea doo is watching so go ahead and explain.

+1
    Thanks Austin. The owner of our local SD dealer is a great guy. He's a wizzard with the 2 strokes, but this 4-Tec technology is all new to him. Im more than happy to help him out.
    my local shop is the same way, lol...

+1
    I can take some pics tomorrow when i split the cases apart. Looks like i got the job of getting this engine right again. Im real disappointed that SD isn't sending out a complete long block
    I hope you are getting paid well. What's seadoo tech hourly rates these days? $115 an hour?? more??? Less?

Calling Dr. Hulk, Dr. Hulk ! you are needed in surgery!

So much for the "new improved thicker washers for 07"

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information