rrfpr or ecu for upgrades

So I did a few mods over the weekend to my 05 rxp
    -4" intake
    -x-charger
    -42# injectors
    -riva water box
    -through hull exhaust
    -riva grate
    the prop is supposedly a 15/21. the guy i bought it from got it refinished by impros. inside its engraved 15/22

it gets up and goes but im currently at 7750 rpm and i think i need some more power to turn this prop. so next month i plan on installing the fizzle intercooler and some kind of fuel management. my question is what would you rather run. a reflashed ecu or riva racing one. or rrfpr? not familiar with this next step of modding my ski.

+1
    Pitch prop to get your rpms bang on don't mod to try and suit prop.are you logging afrs at all?a rrfpr and ecu would prob be best way to go but some have ran the x charger and 42# injectors for many hours problem free but me personally prob wouldn't take the chance without an afr gauge.

+1
    Your RPMs will be close to where you want them to be once you add the intercooler. I would go with the Riva ECU or ECU flash instead of RRFPR. Add titanium retainers and you'll be having a ton of fun out on the water. More worry-free than a RRFPR IMO but either route will work.

+1
    Who do you recommend flashing my ecu? I'll keep the limiter at factory until I get the head done. Which should be this winter. Hearing about all of the probs with the 05 heads freaks me out a little.

+1
    And yes once I cross that bridge of upgrading the intercooler I'll be installing a wideband o2 sensor.

+1
    If you are going to keep the limiter at factory you should go with the V Tech or R&D so that you can update the flash later. If you are ready to do retainers and intercooler you can install the Riva ECU or Riva tune and run without the RRFPR and without the O2 wideband. Your ski would basically be equal to a Riva Stage 3 which is what they make their flash parameters for. Just don't forget to update your injectors to Bosch 48s or similar at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by kccb7 View Post
    Who do you recommend flashing my ecu? I'll keep the limiter at factory until I get the head done. Which should be this winter. Hearing about all of the probs with the 05 heads freaks me out a little.

And yes once I cross that bridge of upgrading the intecooler I'll be installing a wideband o2 sensor.

+1
    if I were you id run the fizzle cooler with riva ecu and bosch 48s like fizzle said.... the x charger is fine but consider upgrading the wheel to a 137x4mm or even a 215 drop in 127 3mm wheel in your stock 215 charger and you will put same numbers as that x

you add a cooler and a drop in wheel you will get 3-400 rpm back

+1
    i purchased the x charger and 42's brand new from the gh store a couple weeks ago. only a couple hrs on her. any reason why you would tell me to upgrade??

fizzle-would you upgrade anything beyond the retainers? from what ive read on here the 05's got issues with the exhaust valves.
    I dont wanna rap her too high and prematurely break one of those valves.

I personally would never consider fine tuning AFRs with a FPR or RRFPR. I set the to fuel rail pressure to 45 PSI higher than the max boost you will ever see. Then move on to ECU tuning by the method of your choice.

Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kccb7 View Post
    fizzle-would you upgrade anything beyond the retainers? from what ive read on here the 05's got issues with the exhaust valves.
    I dont wanna rap her too high and prematurely break one of those valves.
    Yes, without a doubt I would change the valves and flywheel bolts before even running a 2004-2005 ski. That goes for stock and modified. It's just not worth the risk IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information