Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: scom question

  1. #1
    pasek74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wood Dale, Il
    Posts
    32

    scom question

    Hi I'm happy owner of 09 fzr. I just received the speed control override module two days ago and I installed it today. My RPM's not working. I didn't take it to the water so I don't know if the speedo is working. I taught riva is done with te bed units. Is there anything I could done wrong? I followed the instructions it was pretty easy. Do I have to replace the unit? Iwill call riva tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to fix it?


  2. #2
    Ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    825
    +1
    57
    Scom is for 2014 models

  3. #3
    pasek74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wood Dale, Il
    Posts
    32
    Check the "note"portion it says something else on there website.
    Removes restrictive speed limiter system.
    Increases top speed utilizing stock ECU.
    Delivers 3~4mph with no additional modifications.
    Allows further top speed gains through aftermarket modifications.
    All original dash functions are retained.
    Does not interfere with speedometer functionality.
    Easy plug-in installation.
    Applications: Yamaha FZR/FZS SVHO models only.
    NOTE: 2014 Yamaha FX SVHO models do not have factory speed control function and do not require this module

  4. #4
    Guidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Living outside of Charleston SC.
    Posts
    2,206
    +1
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by pasek74 View Post
    Check the "note"portion it says something else on there website.
    Removes restrictive speed limiter system.
    Increases top speed utilizing stock ECU.
    Delivers 3~4mph with no additional modifications.
    Allows further top speed gains through aftermarket modifications.
    All original dash functions are retained.
    Does not interfere with speedometer functionality.
    Easy plug-in installation.
    Applications: Yamaha FZR/FZS SVHO models only.
    NOTE: 2014 Yamaha FX SVHO models do not have factory speed control function and do not require this module
    ***Applications: Yamaha FZR/FZS SVHO models only.***
    Sorry that's in black and white.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,846
    +1
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by SVHOKidd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pasek74 View Post
    Check the "note"portion it says something else on there website.
    Removes restrictive speed limiter system.
    Increases top speed utilizing stock ECU.
    Delivers 3~4mph with no additional modifications.
    Allows further top speed gains through aftermarket modifications.
    All original dash functions are retained.
    Does not interfere with speedometer functionality.
    Easy plug-in installation.
    Applications: Yamaha FZR/FZS SVHO models only.
    NOTE: 2014 Yamaha FX SVHO models do not have factory speed control function and do not require this module
    ***Applications: Yamaha FZR/FZS SVHO models only.***
    Sorry that's in black and white.
    Pasek74, I think you miss read the applicaton they mean it only fits " 2014" FZR/FZS SVHO models there was not a fzr/fzs svho prior to 2014

  6. #6
    RIVERA RACING RIVERA RACING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,578
    +1
    87
    He didn't read right

  7. #7
    RIVERA RACING RIVERA RACING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,578
    +1
    87
    Resale it on here and take a loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasek74 View Post
    Hi I'm happy owner of 09 fzr. I just received the speed control override module two days ago and I installed it today. My RPM's not working. I didn't take it to the water so I don't know if the speedo is working. I taught riva is done with te bed units. Is there anything I could done wrong? I followed the instructions it was pretty easy. Do I have to replace the unit? Iwill call riva tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

  8. #8
    pasek74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wood Dale, Il
    Posts
    32
    Thanks guys you all right I miss red the description. I know that I can't return it so it is for sale if anybody need one. Thx again.

  9. #9
    Guidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Living outside of Charleston SC.
    Posts
    2,206
    +1
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by pasek74 View Post
    Hi I'm happy owner of 09 fzr. I just received the speed control override module two days ago and I installed it today. My RPM's not working. I didn't take it to the water so I don't know if the speedo is working. I taught riva is done with te bed units. Is there anything I could done wrong? I followed the instructions it was pretty easy. Do I have to replace the unit? Iwill call riva tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
    Is there anything I can do to fix it?
    I'm sure Riva will NOT accept a return being that you installed it. Maybe someone here will buy it from you,again being previously installed you'd probably have to offer a money back guaranty that it still functions properly or keep it and trade up to a 2014 FZ and install it on it. Go take a test ride on a 2014 FZ,you'll crap your pants!

  10. #10
    RIVERA RACING RIVERA RACING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,578
    +1
    87
    How much...
    Quote Originally Posted by pasek74 View Post
    Thanks guys you all right I miss red the description. I know that I can't return it so it is for sale if anybody need one. Thx again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SCOM question
    By tubshooter in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2016, 07:24 AM
  2. Scom question
    By incognito in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2015, 08:24 AM
  3. Scom question
    By incognito in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2015, 03:56 PM
  4. SCOM Question.
    By kawi310R in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 11:22 AM
  5. Not another scom question!
    By Kawabunga in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 01:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •