Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

How much is too much water???

Hey guys,

2014 RXPX

I always seem to have a lot of water in the bottom of my ski??? I ride on a small lake, and the ski is for racing so im never really bouncing around or doing mega spins and never ride two up. But there always seems to be water in the hull, like just below the drive shaft???

Ive had it running on the hose and cant see anything coming in, Ive ridden flat out with the seat off and cant see anything pissing out and the manual bailing system is working as can see the water moving through the tubes???

The ski is running Open loop but this was like that before as well. and also the ski has just smashed the flywheel up at 17hrs, so my dealer pulled the engine, stripped it right down and rebuilt, tested at the weekend and again the water is there????

Does everyone have this water in the bottom and are the RXP just prown to holding water????
    One way drain plugs are on order HA

Cheers for any help people
    D

+1
    Last edited by baba850r; 08-04-2014 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Missread post

I found my leak by tipping the trailer up and fill ing the rear of the hull with water. This really only works the rear due to the fact that you don't want to put the motor under water. Try it it's a decent start.

Also do you have a thru-hull exhaust?

+1
    I'm willing to bet it's coming in through the carbon seal. You can't really see it because it's covered by the pto boot. Mount a Gopro down there beside the carbon seal and watch it rain

+1
    Not normal under these riding conditions. Do as ruger226 suggested.

+1
    I have a 13' rxpx. I never have any water in my ski. Left it on the water for about 14 hours the other day. Flipped it once, Did some sharp turns nose dives...bone dry when I pull the plugs zero water comes out.

+1
    Yer I was thinking the seal, as ive checked everything else and every line. Was hoping when the dealer fixed the flywheel that would have solved it as well but nope =(
    I friend of mine bought the same RXPX and he dosnt have any water in it when we ride.
    Is the carbon seal breaking just coz there crap or does that mean my engine is out of alignment???

Cheers Guys

+1
    Odd example 1:
    Look at your reduction nozzle, there are two small plastic siphon tubes that are for the factory bilge system - it creates suction. A friend with a 2012 PX had one of these tubes break off and it will pump water back into the hull (thru bilge). It was an easy diagnosis but not something I expected to see fail. It's a $5/ea part.

Odd example 2:
    A different friend of mine had a brand new GTR it always had water always in hull. We couldn't trace the issue looking at the most common places. Turned out that it was leaking through the bond-line (front area).

You could fill hull with fresh water (plug up your SC inlet first!) and while on trailer, tilt ski forward then backwards. Side to side is a little more tricky due to weight and will need much more water (too much?).

Good luck!

+1
    Thanks dude, God I hope its not the hull as Ive already started spotting some spider cracks in the Gel coat at the rear =(
    Ive checked the pump for the bilge lines and the little o rings are all spot on.

Think the Go Pro is going for a fast ride in the ski one night this week

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information