+1

2 up with 3 up hull extension.

Hi folks, I know this subject has been covered already but there was nothing really conclusive to say whether it worked or not.

I would like to fit the 3 up hull extension parts to my 2 up for a bit more stability.

I think there is a list of parts that are needed on one of the posts on here,

Has anybody actually fitted the parts on the list successfully, here in the UK one of the main dealers said it can,t be done !!

I have a non IBR 90HO 2up.

+1
    Oh yes it can be done. I just had my top deck off and went over the screws for the 3up just to see the differences.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
    Oh yes it can be done. I just had my top deck off and went over the screws for the 3up just to see the differences.
    Just out of interest are the non IBR and the IBR hulls the same ?

The hull extension parts are listed for a IBR hull, I really can,t see why the parts for the hull extension wouldn,t fit a non IBR but I don,t want to just take a chance.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cat10 View Post

The hull extension parts are listed for a IBR hull, I really can,t see why the parts for the hull extension wouldn,t fit a non IBR but I don,t want to just take a chance.....
    Now I have an IBR hull. I dug through all the stuff, and I can't figure it out either. So I am guessing that the IBR only goes on 3up sparks and not 2up. So that should work. I would work with a dealer to add that kit.

Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cat10 View Post

Now I have an IBR hull. I dug through all the stuff, and I can't figure it out either. So I am guessing that the IBR only goes on 3up sparks and not 2up. So that should work. I would work with a dealer to add that kit.
    I have a 2 up ibr

Hull is no different from what I've seen

Let's do this cuz I'm going to do it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheappc View Post
    Let's do this cuz I'm going to do it
    I have just emailed Jerry who runs the OE parts store on here, he said that parts will bolt straight on provided you don,t have an aftermarket exhaust system.

I think the parts work out at about $320 for you guys but a little more for me in the UK...... selling my Spark to buy a 2015 3up model is not an option.

I think £200 is ok for a bit more stabilty....I use my Spark for a bit of fishing in the sea as well as going two up every now and then.

Bearing in mind there is a world shortage of Sparks, I took what I could get at the time and there were no 3up Sparks to be had in the uk.

+1
    Personally, I would not have bought the 2up as the weight limitations were too low. It's not great on the 3up either. Make sure if you do get the parts, you get a new sticker for the weight changes.

Ok how much delivered to Downey, CA ready to buy now!

also so for the future readers of this post can we have a detailed list of the parts we need with part numbers? That would be nice.. (Let's not forget the price of the sticker as we'll

Thread Information