Fuel return line restrictor

Hi to all.
    Can anyone advise me on what size main jet I should use to make a return fuel line restrictor for my 95 SL650? Is it possible I could go too small and if so, what would happen? I holed the PTO piston (rear piston) and I'm wondering if a too small restictor contributed to it.
    I would like to correct it if that's the problem. To be safe, I will rebuild the rear carb and probably replace the triple fuel pumper with a new one.
    Thanks in advance.

+1
    I use a 60 main jet in my custom restrictor successfully. All the carbs really need a rebuild, and install the triple outlet pump if you haven't already.

This ski has been a problem child. The carbs have been rebuilt at least 2 times in the past 6 years, the latest just 2 years ago. The triple outlet fuel pump was the first thing I replaced. Can they go bad? Is it possible for one outlet to go bad and not the others? I have never opened one up. I'm still debating on getting another one. After replacing practicaly everything except the motor, I realized I needed a fuel return line restrictor. I thought they were built into the carbs. I also thought I resolved my problem until I burned a hole in the PTO piston. I've ordered the parts to fix the piston and rebuild the carb. Hopefully I'll get to it thisweekend.

+1
    Were the crank seals ever replaced? It is possible that you have an air leak in the motor which will cause lean burn down. It is also necessary to check the crank index. If it is off, this can also cause a burn down.....

The fuel pump fills a cavity then pushes it out to all three outlets at the same time. Unless a nipple is clogged, I don't see how one can go bad..... You can check fuel pressure on each line if you think it is an issue. 4-6 psi at WOT.

Thread Information