Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fault code p0106

hi guys im having a total headache with my ski keep throwing up fault code p0106, ive changed the MAPs and also checked pins for correct voltages and all good! throttle body is on tight with no air leaks from it. anyone got any clue as to what may be wrong?

thanks
    Luke

+1
    P0106
    MAPS MAP Sensor out of
    range
    Possible causes:
    Check sensing port for dirt or blockage. Sensor failure, unexpected reading at idle. Sensor fallen out of housing. Leaking Inlet system,
    ECU failure.
    Service action: Check system circuits 3-3, 3-6, 3-7. Check sensor connector for 5 volts on pin 1 and 0 volts on pin 3 and 0 volts on pin 2. Check
    sensor housing is correctly inserted into manifold.

Other then that dude

rite I've sort of fixed it a bit, I had a split seam on the intake manifold so I've sealed it and bolted it back together. I now have full power but am still getting the p0106 code soon as I go over 3800 rpm, if I gun the throttle flat out its fine but soon as I let the revs come back to say 6k the code comes back?? any clues? ive checked everything as per the manual

+1
    Don't know but you should put your ski information in your signature. Helps people diagnose.

+1
    how much boost are you running
    stock map is good for 22psi but the ecu may not like anything near that
    your sure the map is working?

Quote Originally Posted by lukeo22 View Post
    hi guys im having a total headache with my ski keep throwing up fault code p0106, ive changed the MAPs and also checked pins for correct voltages and all good! throttle body is on tight with no air leaks from it. anyone got any clue as to what may be wrong?

thanks
    Luke
    what ski, year model ?

its a 2012 rxpx, was on a c kit charger but it exploded on itself so now im back on the stock charger (c kit is oviously weak and not built for hard use so ill be going engine tech next! ). I never had a problem with the c kit on there with regards to the map sensor. im running a reflashed les cooke ecu to suit the c kit maybe this could be causing the trouble as it wont be making enough boost? map is definatly working and I also have a brand new 1 I have tried still the same. I know my throttle body is not 100% maybe its causing this trouble?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeo22 View Post
    its a 2012 rxpx, was on a c kit charger but it exploded on itself so now im back on the stock charger (c kit is oviously weak and not built for hard use so ill be going engine tech next! ). I never had a problem with the c kit on there with regards to the map sensor. im running a reflashed les cooke ecu to suit the c kit maybe this could be causing the trouble as it wont be making enough boost? map is definatly working and I also have a brand new 1 I have tried still the same. I know my throttle body is not 100% maybe its causing this trouble?
    Digging this old post for having same issue. Have you replaced your throttle body since? Did it cleared this code?

+1
    I've had this problem before and it turned out to be the TB. I would also advise checking the intercooler to see if it has signs of leaking.

+1
    Reset TPS and see if problem persists.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information