Kawasaki Ultra 260X 2009 - Stuck throttle ?

Hi guys,

This past weekend, my brother had an accident with our Kawasaki ultra 260x ! I wasnt there but from what i have been told, he was driving the watercraft going towards our boat that was parked on the water, when suddenly the throttle got stuck and he ran into the rear platform of our boat. Luckily everyone is fine and no one is badly hurt. Obviously the boat and the watercraft have damage but its only material.

All of that to say, have you guys ever heard that the throttle got stuck on a ultra 260X ?

Do you think it might be the security system that gives a little throttle when you release the gas and turn the steering to prevent those type of accidents ? This thing when your going full throttle and release the gas and make a turn, the engine gives a litlle gas to make sure the watercraft turns ?
    ( i dont know if you guys figure out what im talking about ) ?

Thanks for the replies

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by martincarrier4 View Post
    Hi guys,

This past weekend, my brother had an accident with our Kawasaki ultra 260x ! I wasnt there but from what i have been told, he was driving the watercraft going towards our boat that was parked on the water, when suddenly the throttle got stuck and he ran into the rear platform of our boat. Luckily everyone is fine and no one is badly hurt. Obviously the boat and the watercraft have damage but its only material.

All of that to say, have you guys ever heard that the throttle got stuck on a ultra 260X ?

Do you think it might be the security system that gives a little throttle when you release the gas and turn the steering to prevent those type of accidents ? This thing when your going full throttle and release the gas and make a turn, the engine gives a litlle gas to make sure the watercraft turns ?
    ( i dont know if you guys figure out what im talking about ) ?

Thanks for the replies

Martin
    Yes, I think you are probably right. If driver is not familiar with off power assisted steering, it can feel just like power surge or stuck throttle.

As Blue182 points out, I bet that's what happened. I have owned 3 Ultras and have never had any throttle issues with any of them.

If you are at idling speed, the Assisted Power Steering will not engage. JB

+1
    kind of like the excuse used when someone runs up your ass saying the brakes failed!! the throttles dont jam.

5. +1 by:

One reason I am cautious letting people ride ski is because its hard to explain exactly how off power assisted steering works to average person. And I have watched someone (friend's wife) crash my 260 into a boat's boarding step before! My 260 got a ding in her nose but you shoulda seen the boarding step!

Thanks for the replies !

Personnally, i don't think the throttle jammed because it never happened to me, to none of you guys, and i couldnt find anything about that on the web !

He is not making up an excuse for the throttle stuck but i believe he is mistaking with the assisted powersteering. From what i have been told since i wasnt there, it's definitely a maneuvering mistake that led to the accident ! Luckily no one got hurt because there were people in the water swimming.

What sucks is that the watercrafts hull is badly cracked and I believe it can not be fixed. From what they said he was coming pretty fast towards the boat so the hull might be resistant but not to that point i guess

Anyway

Blue 182, in my case its the boarding step that has a little damage ( 4 inch crack ), but damn you wouldnt want to look at the 260's nose

It is crack from the top of the watercraft all the way down the hull !

Ill try adding a picture tomorrow maybe you guys can tell me if it can be properly and solidely fixed !

Thread Information