Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

05 Rxt Don't Start

Hi everybody:
    I'm new in the forum and in the sport, first I want to thank all of you for the great knowledge that I got with the information you share.

I have a 05 RXT stock. Last time i rode it gave me 6500 RPM top and SENSOR word in the display, I went to shore and let it for lunch time. Them it don't start anymore. Next day let it in the distribuitor shop, it start at first try. The dealer check everything (SC included), and all is OK, but the RXT don't want to start.

Even the dealer does'n know wath happen. Somebody have any idea?

+1
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to give you the bad news, but more than likely your supercharger has lost the ceramic washers. If your ski was ridden for any extended period like this your oil pumps are destroyed.

You will find that most dealers are absolutely clueless when it comes to these skis. Just like your dealer said your supercharger was fine, but your RPM's are at 6500 which is a dead giveaway.

That was the first thing that ask the dealer, check the SC. He toll me the SC was right, the ceramic washers in their place, even the torque was OK. So I don't know to belive it, or what else could be wrong.

+1
    It could be electrical since you are no longer able to start it. Are you getting any trouble codes? Press the "set" button 5 times with the lanyard plugged in and see if you get any trouble codes on the display.

+1
    Also, you may want to pull the air intake hose off of the supercharger and stick your finger in there to see if the impeller spins. Let us know!

The ski is at dealer's shop, he check the SC and the electrical system with the scanner, and there are not trouble codes. He really doesn't know what happens and even requested the support from the factory.

+1
    Honestly, i really think your supercharger is toast. Is there another dealer you can bring it to?

No, unfortunatelly is the only one in few hundred miles away and is specialized in ATV (PWC isn't common in Mexico, and less in Puebla). I thing that will check the SC by myself (Thanks to you, I know what to look for) or he most bring somebody from the factory to solve the problem. Really he needs to solve it, and bring me a running ski. If he checks the SC and says all is right, and them there are engine damage cause by a broken washer, he needs to repair free of charge. I only will loose riding time

+1
    Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information