Help.....nephew went rock hunting with my Ultra!

This past weekend my nephew decided to do some rock collecting with my Ultra 250. He started it in VERY shallow water and injested some rocks. There are a couple lodged in the impeller. They are so lodged, the Jetskit will not turn over.I have attached a picture of my delimna. I was able to remove the nozzle and am now trying to remove the housing with the vanes. I have removed the 4 bolts on the outside and also removed two screws on the bottom. I can't budge the housing. I figure it must be connected to the drive shaft somehow, but don't want to do any damage. Any ideas out there from you pros?

Thanks a ton,

Jim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140804_183947_resized.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	337891

+1
    I have an impeller for you. PM if you need it

+1
    Oh man, that stinks! I'm sorry to see the damage.

…have to ask - Why would you let an inexperienced operator borrow a large, supercharged PWC?
    For my insurance, I think I listed 5 people (including me) who are covered as operators of the machine. Everyone else sits on the back.

Not just beating up on you, but I saw some absolutely retarded stuff this 4th of July weekend. Completely inexperienced driver sitting alone on a 2013 Sea Doo RXP-X that didn't belong to him, was getting instruction on how to drive it, verbally, from the dock for a minute or two. Then, he's off into the St. Lawrence Seaway. I think the most exhaustive part of the training he received was, "Dude, don't worry, you can beat anyone in a race on that ski" and to "make sure you keep it in sport mode all the time".

Idiot operators make all of us look bad. Hell, I was going to tow my ski to Lake Placid next week, but I can't now because PWC are banned there. Probably some combination of badly behaved/inexperienced drivers and snooty waterfront property owners.

I'll get off my soapbox now…good luck getting everything fixed quickly, and I hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Banned User
    +1
    Take the rideplate off at this point it'll make it easier for you. Remove the hose clamps on the hoses. After that you can use a regular 3/8" wrench or extension and kinda pry around the pump and pumpshoe. They get a little sticky but unless it's rusted solid on there, there's nothing attaching the driveshaft and prop, they slide together

+1
    Pull hard and work it from side to side. You may have to remove the ride plate to get better leverage

+1
    Best bet is to remove the ride plate, then remove the pump to get these rocks out. Your only like 5-10 more minutes from doing that, so may as well just remove it and take it to the bench for rock removal. It's hard to see what type of damage is done, but most likely you need a new impeller from the poster her, or send it to Impros for a full refinish. .

I had a piece of concrete get wedged in there not long ago, however I was able to keep everything assembled and use a long chisel. A light tap broke the piece in half and it came out easily. May not be the case here, just throwing it out there.. Give us an update when you are done..

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    2 x allan head bolts go threw the ride plate into the pump housing.

You can tie a truck and it still wont budge if you havent removed those to bolts

Waz

+1
    He said he removed them waz

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    whoops ...........dont drink bourbon and read greenhulk at same time

10. +1 by:

Thread Information