Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Fizzle F1000 installation

The IC is in but not until a trip to the hardware store for additional brass fittings and hoses. Not super happy with the fitment of the hardpipe/coupler on the right side. You can see in the attached photo how the right side coupler is folded/pinched due to the hard right angle. There is not really any way to adjust the position of the cooler mount so not sure where to go from here? This is not a thread to bash this product, I am very happy with the F1k cooler and James has been extremely helpful with this installation.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fizzle.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	337924
    Last edited by WickedXP; 08-05-2014 at 10:31 AM.

+1
    That riva pipe gives you no wiggle room it looks like. There isn't much room with the OEM. I slide the right side pipe into the charger coupler a little further, maybe this will help a little.

+1
    Hi Brian,

I will send you a new 90 degree hose that's shorter and that should get rid of the issue. And I'm sorry about needing the heater hose and splicer fitting. I did not think to include the pieces for the cooling kit changes. That's something I need to get done right away.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Hi Brian,

I will send you a new 90 degree hose that's shorter and that should get rid of the issue. And I'm sorry about needing the heater hose and splicer fitting. I did not think to include the pieces for the cooling kit changes. That's something I need to get done right away.
    Thanks James! Top notch customer service.. I would buy this product again!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedXP View Post
    Hi Brian,

I was gonna ask the same thing since the inlet and outlet connections are in the front instead of the sides. Let us know what you think as I am probably gonna pull the trigger on one of these also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nlpnrxt1 View Post
    Hi Brian,

I was gonna ask the same thing since the inlet and outlet connections are in the front instead of the sides. Let us know what you think as I am probably gonna pull the trigger on one of these also.
    So far what I have come up with is 4 feet of 3/4" heater hose and a plug to block off the stock bleed line. I just have to confirm that this is everything needed and I will add it into the kit.

Brian, your new hose is shipping today USPS Priority. Check your email for tracking details.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nlpnrxt1 View Post
    Hi Brian,

So far what I have come up with is 4 feet of 3/4" heater hose and a plug to block off the stock bleed line. I just have to confirm that this is everything needed and I will add it into the kit.

Brian, your new hose is shipping today USPS Priority. Check your email for tracking details.

Thats great customer service really cant ask for any better!Shame more buisnesses didnt have such a helpfull attitude.

+1
    If you have stock exhaust the resonator will have to be moved or your exhaust hose will be kinked by the hard pipe going to throttle body. Outlet hose will have to get spliced for more length to reach the front of cooler. Watch out for the sizes of the clamps provided they are not all the same size. I learned the hard way. Fitment is super tight with no wiggle room at all. This install was tough on a PX with no rear hatches like a TX. James was top notch if you have any questions. See what I had to do to the exhaust. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407253921.931543.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	337942

+1
    My supercharged to intercooler coupling was a bit bent too, it's all I could do to get it to fit. Seems to be making good power, so it's all good . fizzles customer service is excellent.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VXRslayer21 View Post
    If you have stock exhaust the resonator will have to be moved or your exhaust hose will be kinked by the hard pipe going to throttle body. Outlet hose will have to get spliced for more length to reach the front of cooler. Watch out for the sizes of the clamps provided they are not all the same size. I learned the hard way. Fitment is super tight with no wiggle room at all. This install was tough on a PX with no rear hatches like a TX. James was top notch if you have any questions. See what I had to do to the exhaust. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407253921.931543.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	337942
    I got mine to fit with no kinks and didn't move resonator either.. Took a bit of adjusting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information