Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

low speed loading up

after rebuilding the carbs with oem kits (96 sl 700) and all new filters and lines the sea doo ran great....but about 2 trips out and now its loading up on the low end....if you idle or go threw a no wake zone it gets real rich you can smell it...and it will bog a bit until its cleared out. But if you let it idle it returns.

Only thing i may have done wrong was mix the first tank as premix way to strong on oil...wanted to make sure the oil injection was all primed and working good....since that first tank never been the same ran awesome for the first couple trips...its getting good fuel mileage runs great..aside from low end loading up.

anyone have a suggestion? i tried new plugs no change...im guessing ill need to pull the carbs but what would make it load up like that?

thanks guys

Banned User
    +1
    EIther your regulator arms are too high or you just need to turn in your low speed screws.

+1
    sorry im pretty bad with carbs where and what are the regulator arms?....im not sure it low speed screws seeing it was fine on the low end before it just seem to come into effect all of a sudden

+1
    thanks for all the help guys...have a big trip tomorrow so i pulled the carbs out...turns out i didnt tighten the phillips screw that holds the half the carb on the inside (the screw that holds the piece with the needle and jets on it to the carb base) im hoping this is my problem as the screw was just laying inside against the diaphram so im hoping thats what was causing it. Tomorrow will be the test lol. While i was in there i cleaned all the jets again as a extra measure but it all looked good inside

+1
    My carbd Genesis has loaded up on me like that since I got it 2 yrs ago. I'm going to rebuild the carbs soon. They were rebuilt about 6 mths before I bought it.

+1
    this didnt fix it at all...ive rebuit them, cleaned them, swapped needles and everything it still loads up when let idle. Im pretty lost, at least it runs great once you get that load up burnt out i guess

Banned User
    +1
    Did you check the height of the needle arm? .060 below the casting. If its too high or low it WILL cause running issues. Did you try turning in the low speed screws at all?

+1
    thanks ryan, your talking the gap on the arm on the non needle side correct?....i havent turned in the needle because its the same setting as the other carb and its running perfect, nice tan plug. It really feels like a stuck low jet or the needle is leaking like you suggest. I will pull it and measure the gap.... I figure if it were the low speed screw it wouldnt run right on the low end all the time but once you clean it out and punch it from an idle its fine...only when you idle around it loads up

Banned User
    +1
    The other thing to look for is to start the engine with the flame arrestor off and look down the carb throats. Do you see any fuel dribbling in the carb? You shouldn't see any dribbling fuel at idle.

What springs do you have in it? keep needles and seats together as a set.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information