Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garage Dolly

+1

Garage Dolly

I plan to store my ski in the garage this winter, so Im looking for a dolly. Height is an issue, as it will probably be just me loading to and from the trailer, no hoist.

This seems to be the best deal Ive found:

Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personal-W...acity/34223085

And this seems like a second choice, but more spendy:

Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Shipshape-2757...productDetails

+1
    There is a forum member on here that builds dollys like that don't know price but he is in your area. Do a search for him. Would get his first. Those wheels look small to roll around on. A larger wheel will go over small carpet rocks etc that those little wheels will hit and stop not good.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    There is a forum member on here that builds dollys like that don't know price but he is in your area. Do a search for him. Would get his first. Those wheels look small to roll around on. A larger wheel will go over small carpet rocks etc that those little wheels will hit and stop not good.
    It looks like Tufstands is MIA. Website is down, Petron is no where to be found. Good looking stands, and he is local for me. Doesn't seem like its going to happen tho.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I have several of the Aquacart AQ-19 model. Nicely made, works well.

I always order the larger locking wheels.

Move on and off the trailer can be done using some planning. You can read about the trailer pull method here.

I use Liquid Rollers (MariKate brand) on the trailer bunks. Spray it on the next time the ski is in the water. Let the wet bunks dry first, then apply the Liquid Rollers spray. Let that dry (doesn't take long), then load the ski back on the trailer.

The spray lubricant makes it much easier for the hull to slide on and off the trailer. This means you never remove the bow winch strap until after the hull is floating at the launch ramp. And always hook the winch strap on before pulling the trailer and ski out of the water.

5. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Just get 2 people and its not too hard to slide the ski off the trailer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I have several of the Aquacart AQ-19 model. Nicely made, works well.

I always order the larger locking wheels.

Move on and off the trailer can be done using some planning. You can read about the trailer pull method here.

I use Liquid Rollers (MariKate brand) on the trailer bunks. Spray it on the next time the ski is in the water. Let the wet bunks dry first, then apply the Liquid Rollers spray. Let that dry (doesn't take long), then load the ski back on the trailer.

The spray lubricant makes it much easier for the hull to slide on and off the trailer. This means you never remove the bow winch strap until after the hull is floating at the launch ramp. And always hook the winch strap on before pulling the trailer and ski out of the water.
    Thanks for the info. K447. Your method for moving to and from the dolly will work for me. And I will not spray liquid rollers on the dolly bunks, haha.

I found the AQ-19 at Amazon.
    The listing shows that it has "5in Diameter/lockable/4-way swivel casters." Will that be an adequate for wheel size?

Also, I never trust the winch to keep the ski on he trailer. I use this strap until the ski is in the water and floating, likewise I put it on before I pull up the ramp loaded.
    Last edited by K447; 08-10-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantowner View Post
    I found the AQ-19 at Amazon.
    The listing shows that it has "5in Diameter/lockable/4-way swivel casters." Will that be an adequate for wheel size?

Also, I never trust the winch to keep the ski on he trailer. I use this strap until the ski is in the water and floating, likewise I put it on before I pull up the ramp loaded.
    I would call Aquacarts directly and see if they can come close to the Amazon pricing.

Also ask them about the larger castors. I find the bigger the better when rolling across ridges and cracks in the pavement. I have the six inch wheels with friction locks and the total height from the ground up to bunk tops on the AQ-19 cart is about 20 inches.

Try Riva

+1
    How about discountramps.com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jajardas View Post
    How about discountramps.com
    same one but $20 cheaper..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marine-Dock-...42ac8e&vxp=mtr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information