Which deal should I go for? Yamaha's or Kawasaki's

Alright everyone, I realize this is in a yamaha thread, but I'd appreciate some objective opinions. I have the choice right now between these two setups:

-(2) 2006 Yamaha FXHO's (one has the cruiser seat and one doesn't...one says 50th anniversary) and trailer
    -they have about 215 hours on both of them and were sold as part of a deal where the owners of a very large yacht bought a new yacht and needed matching color jet skis......yeah. So they have the service records and they were well-taken care of.
    -Originally asking $12,000 for both and the trailer, I have talked them down to $10,500

Other option:

(1) 2006 Kawasaki STX 12f and (1) 2008 Kawasaki STX 15f
    -they have 15 hours on them, an older gentleman bought them for his daughers/grandaughters but they never used them. They didn't get used but it appears they weren't totally ignored as they look brand spanking new.
    -Originally asking $9,900 for both and trailer, I have talked him down to $9,000.

Please give me a few opinions, these will be my first PWC's and I don't have the wealth of knowledge that many of you do. I'm learning, but would like some people's opinions with experience. We will be using them at Tyndall AFB near Panama City and would like to use them in the bay as well as for trips to Shell Island (about 1 mile away) and also over to Panama City (3 or 4 miles away).

Many Thanks! Luc

+1
    you can put this up in the yamaha section and get a bunch of guys screaming yamaha..

you can put this up in the kawi section and get a bunch of guys screaming kawi..

if you truthfully want an unbiased answer to your question then you have to spend a couple hours and research both skis without mentioning the other brand..

IMHO, i love yamaha but two skis, on the stx platform, with those little hours, for that little money..VS two yammys with 215 hours on each for more money.. to me, its a no brainer..

3. +1 by:

These are also an option that just became available...thought they were sold.

http://panamacity.craigslist.org/for/4567410917.html

+1
    I would have to say kawi . on your last option two stroke and to old

Yeah, two stroke, but they both have newer engines, no oil injector, he bocked it off. It's just that it's about half the cash....makes it intriguing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrative View Post
    Yeah, two stroke, but they both have newer engines, no oil injector, he bocked it off. It's just that it's about half the cash....makes it intriguing.
    newer engines with parts which are likely to fail... sbt engines are known to be no good.. do a search for them, countless people have blown cylinders within the first 25 hours of operation on sbt motors..

your best bet will be the stx's...

+1
    hmm 2 stroke over 4 stroke for the same money. No brainer go 4 stroke. As for the 15 hours I would not touch those skies. They have sat un touched and unattended for most likely years and at a bare minimum you will need to go through the fuel system. I don't know if they are carbed or efi but I will never buy or recommend another carbed jetski ever again. I think the price is a little high on the fxho's a decent price for an average 100 hour ski is 5k. My 2 cents.

The 2 strokes are less than half the money, but I think I'm leaning towards going for one of the 4-strokes, probably the kawasaki's. They have been serviced by the dealer where they were purchased and they just look so good and clean.

+1
    Sorry I thought the Kawasaki was 2 stroke, I have no idea about any of there models after the zxi.

Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1
    I sold my 2005 Yamaha FxHO Cruiser last summer for $4000 with a single trailer. Had 210hrs. 10 grand for 2, 2006's..way too high in my opinion.

Thread Information