Fix stabilizer/sponson bolts on 2000 Waverunner?

Hoping someone knows the answer to this. I have a 2000 Yamaha 800XL. I noticed today that two of the four bolts are missing from my right stabilizer (aka sponson). It looks like the stabilizer bracket (part # F0D-6883T-01-00) is almost sealed into the hull? Is there anyway to access it to replace? Do I have other options? The rear two bolts are intact.

+1
    You are actually referring to studs with a nut to hold the sponson on right?
    The sponson is attached with 4 studs mounted on a plate which is glued to the inside of the hull. The outer hull is glued to the inside hull and I do not believe there is anyway to access that plate without cutting an access hole in the inner hull. If the stud is broken off you might try to drill into and tap the plate and try to use a bolt in those 2 locations. Be sure to use alot of sealer so you do not have a leak into the area between hulls as there is no way to drain that area. As a last resort you might be able to get an expanding nut/molly to attach the sponson in that area.

Thanks, you are correct it looks like the front two of the four studs broke off the metal plate. Sounds like this is not going to be as simple as ordering and replacing the plate. Seems like this was never meant to be a serviceable part. Are the studs welded to the mounting plate or are they screwed in and might have unscrewed?

+1
    I would believe they are welded in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    I would believe they are welded in.
    If the stud broke grind it flush, center punch it then drill and tap for a threadsert or helicoil.

Thread Information