Rebuild Supercharger or not

Hey All,
    I'm relatively new to the forums and this is my first post. What an excellent source of information on these skis. My current situation that I would like some more experienced input is as follows. I purchased my 2003 GTX supercharged about 2 years ago and about 30 running hours ago. Just prior to purchase, the previous owner supposedly had the supercharger replaced. I took it out for the first time this year with 1/2 tank of fresh 93, and the craft had no power. It would only do about 5200rpm and about 35-40mph max. There were no lights on the dash or indications via the gauges that anything was wrong other than lack of power. I thought the supercharger was slipping. I changed the plugs just now and pulled the intake pipe.

The part that has me confused is when I went to spin the supercharger impeller to test it, it is tight! I mean, I can't spin it at all by hand. I inadvertantly found that the sensor that plugs into the head just above the oil filter housing was not fully plugged in. I'm assuming this is a temp sensor? I plugged it in fully until it clicked but now I'm at a loss. I don't want to pay ~$400 for an unnecessary supercharger rebuild if it isn't necessary. If I can't spin the SC impeller does this effectively mean that it doesn't need a rebuild? When idling and riding the craft, there is no unusual noises and the motor sounds good. Any thoughts?

+1
    Welcome!!!IMO pull the charger off the ski for inspection

3. +1 by:

+1
    My question would be,why did he have the Scer replaced??i hope he didnt exploe it and now you have shit running all through your motor..Do a compression test..see if your cylinders are good

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    My question would be,why did he have the Scer replaced??i hope he didnt exploe it and now you have shit running all through your motor..Do a compression test..see if your cylinders are good
    Thanks for the advice of guys. I will definitely do that. I'm thinking that isn't the issue though because last season I was getting 60mph+. I just took it out and gained most of my power back. the craft will turn 7000-7100rpm and it is reading 51-52 mile-per-hour on the speedo. The pump liner changed out about 10 hours ago. I'm not sure this point what could be the loss of mile-per-hour other than the factory plastic pump housing expanding for the OPAS not lifting. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Those are all good points but for good measure pull the charger and stop the guessing

Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Those are all good points but for good measure pull the charger and stop the guessing
    OK, will do. Once pulled, what am I looking for other than compressor wheel contact with the housing? I've already confirmed that it isn't slipping.

+1
    Until you put a torque wrench on it, you wont know if its slipping.

Thread Information