2014 fx svho thru hull exhaust help

Do I rely need to take out the pump and ride plate to put this I I just ordered a Rivabox and rear exit

Quote Originally Posted by jc33 View Post
    Do I rely need to take out the pump and ride plate to put this I I just ordered a Rivabox and rear exit
    No, not at all... The Riva instructions say that? Just pull out the ride plate and reverse bucket to make it easier.

Okay thanks i really did not want to take it all apart if not needed

+1
    It is a bitch to get to the far clamp but I have been able to do it from inside the ski twice now!!!

You will need to attach the silicone coupler to the new exhaust pipe and secure it before you place the pipe in the hull then you need to get real deep in there to get to the far clamp. I have used a 1/4" snap on air ratchet and I tape the trigger then with my left hand I bend the air hose to keep the ratchet off then I release the hose and it starts to tighten the clamp.

I wish Riva had made the exhaust tip a few inches longer to get it closer from the inside of the ski. I tried taking down the entire pump and I still couldn't get to the clamp through the OEM exhaust opening.

Good luck buddy, Julio...

+1
    The reason it is so much more difficult than the previous years FX's, FZ's and VX's is the extra few inches in length of the new FX hulls, Julio...

+1
    I've heard a hand through the stock exhaust exit works well to tighten the clamp. No need to drop the plate. Pump being out might help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    It is a bitch to get to the far clamp but I have been able to do it from inside the ski twice now!!!

You will need to attach the silicone coupler to the new exhaust pipe and secure it before you place the pipe in the hull then you need to get real deep in there to get to the far clamp. I have used a 1/4" snap on air ratchet and I tape the trigger then with my left hand I bend the air hose to keep the ratchet off then I release the hose and it starts to tighten the clamp.

I wish Riva had made the exhaust tip a few inches longer to get it closer from the inside of the ski. I tried taking down the entire pump and I still couldn't get to the clamp through the OEM exhaust opening.

Good luck buddy, Julio...
    +1 there is plenty of room back there a longer tip would make a lot more sense.

I hope I can do it the parts will be here Monday is any one running a tdr box I thought about it be for I bought the Riva box

Thread Information