CMD Bosch ECU throttle calibration

When I calibrate my TPS, through the CMD (remember I am only talking about skis with the Bosch "fly by wire" ECU), should my log show "0" TPS at idle or is "3" or "4" more realistic as the throttle must be at least a tiny bit open?

At the other end I see "100" at WOT which makes sense, just wondered what I should see at idle?

+1
    the old style has a IBV so the throttle could be shut

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    You really want to tune your engine using pressure maps, not throttle position. Throttle calibration does't matter when running pressure maps.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    You really want to tune your engine using pressure maps, not throttle position. Throttle calibration does't matter when running pressure maps.

I do tune only with pressure and realise that it doesn't matter for the tuning BUT it does matter for my logging. I want to know where the throttle is at any given moment. Was the throttle suddenly WOT or gradually opened, were the AFR's being generated under acceleration or during overrun etc etc.

That's why I need accurate TPS data.

What I do is calibrate the TPS when the ski is warmed up and idling on the trailer and backed into the water. I make that throttle setting 0 TPS. Then what I do is kill the motor and pull the throttle to 100% and look in the throttle body to make sure the blades are horizontal. If they are, then a make that the 100% throttle setting in the CMD.

After that I take a test ride and just touch the throttle to hear the motor idle go up the slightest amount. If the throttle reported on the LCD-200 is like 1 or 2%, you are good to go.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    What I do is calibrate the TPS when the ski is warmed up and idling on the trailer and backed into the water. I make that throttle setting 0 TPS. Then what I do is kill the motor and pull the throttle to 100% and look in the throttle body to make sure the blades are horizontal. If they are, then a make that the 100% throttle setting in the CMD.

After that I take a test ride and just touch the throttle to hear the motor idle go up the slightest amount. If the throttle reported on the LCD-200 is like 1 or 2%, you are good to go.

Andy
    Thanks Andy, but I guess that only works when you have a wire throttle?

FBW is a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Thanks Andy, but I guess that only works when you have a wire throttle? FBW is a bit different.
    I have FBW. A 2012 RXPX.

Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Thanks Andy, but I guess that only works when you have a wire throttle? FBW is a bit different.
    I have FBW. A 2012 RXPX.
    So how do you "make that the setting i CMD"?

If the engine isn't running how do you get a 100% TPS voltage?

As I recall, the TBW and CMD are both powered up for like 3 min when you touch the start button with the DESS key in.

Perfect.

just copy the 100% voltage over into the calibration screen.

Thanks, I'll do it tomorrow.

Thread Information