+1

Primer Install While Keeping Oil Injection Lines

So I have searched and search and I cant find anyone talking about this. I have a 760 wave raider that I just got a primer kit for. its a single carb conversion motor, so I dont have to worry about multiple carbs. Anyway, i want to install this primer, but I also want to keep my oil injector. I got a basic primer off of ebay, which DID NOT come with any brass fittings (which I assume get hammered into the choke plate holes, which is where fuel would be fed), so I am trying to figure out how to do this.

I know when people get rid of the oil injection, they simple use those nipples on the flamearrestor. How can I run my line so I dont have to worry about removing the oil injection (I mean, I will remove the oil injection, but everyone here seems to be very pleased with its reliability).

+1
    You need the nipple and blank that replaces the choke shaft. That being said.....I wish. I would have NEVER removed my chokes! If you get it fixed to where it cranks good...I'd keep the chokes.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Yeah I dont want to remove choke plates if not needed. Regardless, putting my air filter off takes a whopping 7 seconds since I have a pod filter. if i need to choke it, I can just put my hand over the carb halfway.

Looks like I will just use the injection lines and grab a block off kit. I know people around here say there is nothign wrong with the pump, but there is nothing wrong with mixing either. Except the extra step before fueling up. Where I ride, I will have to fuel up in the water any way, so gas cans need to be used nonetheless.

+1
    Filling up on the water is the very reason I put my oil injection system back on my skis. I had no place to carry oil on my raider. Premixing at the marina is a PITA!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post
    Filling up on the water is the very reason I put my oil injection system back on my skis. I had no place to carry oil on my raider. Premixing at the marina is a PITA!
    I should have clarified, I will be filling up on the water, on the beach. No marina. The closest gas station by water is like 25 minutes away, the closest by road is like 20. We just keep a bunch of cans laying around filled with gas so we never run out. If only I could get to him to stop running his Sea-doo jet boat, we'd have even more gas to use.

+1
    You can buy 1/8" brass barb fittings with threaded ends from www.mcmastercarr.com, You can then drill at tap the carbs pretty much anywhere in the top area that is not obstructed by the choke. That way you can keep oil injection and chokes.

+1
    good call! Maybe I will check out a few hardware stores this weekend and see if anyone has a setup like this.

Thread Information