+1

Lost Oil Access Cover

My friend took my ski out and the oil access cover "disappeared" on his ride. There was a slight accident (no need for comments) and it could have popped off on impact OR I may not have installed it correctly when I check the oil last time.

My new one came in today (after two weeks). So I feel that this should have some kind of retaining system to keep from loosing it. Has anybody else lost their oil access cover?

Is possible that this can be an after market item? Or have it regular stock for fast replacement. Personally I think that rolling a spark with this missing would be a potential disaster.

Here that Jerry, maybe you should carry oil access covers in stock!

+1
    Hmm. Mine sits really tight, i can't imagine it come loose by accident. My enginecover has popped up the two last rides i did though, i 'm much more concerned about that. Did you screw it until you felt it locking?

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Ours came off as well, it must have been left loose when we checked it., its somewhere on the road.
    We ended up putting a can of dip with ducktape around it and ran a zip tie around it to use as a handle to remove it.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Also we rolled the spark several times with that cover off and we got some water in but nothing to worry about. However we do have a 500 gph bilge pump installed.

+1
    maybe it's time for a bilge pump! Love the "dip can" solution! That is a proper southern's solution to everything, Duck Tape!

+1
    Your answer below
    I did this long ago as mine was always popping out from jumping also stick some foam on the inside to make it float if you drop it in the water

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=home+made

Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
    My friend took my ski out and the oil access cover "disappeared" on his ride. There was a slight accident (no need for comments) and it could have popped off on impact OR I may not have installed it correctly when I check the oil last time.

My new one came in today (after two weeks). So I feel that this should have some kind of retaining system to keep from loosing it. Has anybody else lost their oil access cover?

Is possible that this can be an after market item? Or have it regular stock for fast replacement. Personally I think that rolling a spark with this missing would be a potential disaster.

Here that Jerry, maybe you should carry oil access covers in stock!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xdrian View Post
    Your answer below
    I did this long ago as mine was always popping out from jumping also stick some foam on the inside to make it float if you drop it in the water
    Do you have a picture? I saw that thread some time ago. I will do some experimenting with mine and see what works and maybe I will post a picture.

+1
    Photo in the link works well

Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xdrian View Post
    Your answer below
    Do you have a picture? I saw that thread some time ago. I will do some experimenting with mine and see what works and maybe I will post a picture.

Thread Information